Hilton Wedding Review

Hello all, I know I didn't post much but I thought it would be helpful to add a review.

Hilton Los Cabos -- Resort is absolutly fabulous. Rooms were great. We had the ocean front, so we were able to take a lot of photos directly outside of our room with the ocean in the background. Food is excellent. Emeline was good. She was there every step of the way. We had confusion months before regarding setting up the judge for the legal ceremony, so we ended up doing both legal and civil. It turned out to be fine, just costly. We also had a few last minute changes for our ceremony which didn't happen, but nobody noticed just us. Resort happened to be crowed, so getting lounge chairs by the main pool was a hasstle. We wanted our group to sit together, so we would get up at 5:30 to reserve a whole group of seats. Not fun getting up, but worth it to have all of us together. Staff at the hotel was great. Anything you needed they were there to help out within minutes. They happen to be running a summer special for families, so kids ate for free, shuttle service was free, and internet service free.

I had my hair and makeup done through there spa. Bummer was that the spa was under renovations, so the treatments were done in one of the hotel rooms. After we got through a few kinks, hair turned out pretty good. Makeup also turned out good. You just have to be a little assurtive on what colors you want and don't want. (Did not want orange lip stick) All in all it worked out.

Florist -- The Flower Cart -- They did ok. My bouquet was beautiful (orange and white roses with some greenery) My Chuppah was very simple, 4 bamboo sticks with the white sheet drapped accross. We just had them adjust the size. They originally made it very small, that nobody could fit under. The boutiners worked fine, simple orange rose. I was dissapointed on the flower girls hair clip--it was only three small orange roses but not attached to a hair clip, so we had to improvise to keep it in their hair. Centerpieces were not exactly what I had ordered, but thankfully they turned out pretty. Like I said earlier, nobody knew what things were suppose to be, so everyone thought they were pretty.

Guitarist -- David Flores -- Fabulous. He got there ontime, played for the ceremony and cocktail hour and the music was lovely.

DJ -- Ricardo -- Played everything we requested, just forgot to make some announcements before some of the special songs dedicated to certain people. Other than that, he was great and everybody danced the entire time.

Cake -- Jennifer Hatton -- We did not go directly through her, but the Hilton uses her for their cakes. We tasted some samples from her and they tasted extremely different from the samples from the Hilton. We thought they were using their own baker. They assured us it was Jennifer. My husband loves cake so this was very important to him. I think we must have just had samples that came out of a refrigerator, so they tasted different. Anyways, cake was good. Still didn't taste like the one we had at our tasting with the Hilton but nobody was complaining.

Photographer -- Manuel Burgoin -- FABULOUS!!!! We have not seen pictures yet, but I'm not worried at all. He and his staff were great. They had me laughing so much, it was hard to get a serious picture. They were fast but never made you feel like you were rushed, so we were able to enjoy the cocktail hour as well as the reception. I joked that it felt like the paparazze, with the video and two cameras going off.

Cabo Wabo -- We didn't have a formal welcome/rehersal dinner. We rented out the kids club and wanted all of our friends (especially w/kids) to have one fun night out. We asked whoever wanted to join us for dinner and dancing, they could come along. Cabo Wabo was great about accomodating a group that turned out to be 25 of us for dinner and then they reserved a section down by the dancing area. Everyone had a great time. Everyone would have stayed longer, but it was the night before the wedding.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, so if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Funny, I finally saw Sarah but it was when she was about to get married, so I didn't want to bother her -- it was during our reception. We are going to try to post pics that our friends have been passing to us. We should have our pics from the photographer in a couple of weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGENDEIN View Post
No, but totally our fault. We were home for about a week and then went to Kauai for our honeymoon. We didn't send him our songs until after we got back, so we delayed him. Hopefully in a couple of weeks. :)

Did I miss your pictures somewhere? I can't wait to see them.