Sign in to follow this  
KARLA

Honeymoon Budget

We are trying to come up with a budget of sorts for the honeymoon. We have never been to Cabo, so one thing we're not sure about, is how much food is going to cost us.

We plan on doing 2-3 really fancy dinners (C at Palmilla, Ventanas, etc...) so for those evenings, we plan to budget a big chunck of money. (We hope it's worth it!)

But for the other days, we are not sure what a realistic budget would be. We are staying at the Marquis for 7 nights. We're assuming that we'll have the continental bkfst included in the rate at the Marquis every morning. For simplicity, let's assume we'll go out into town for lunch and dinner. How much money should we expect to pay for a regular lunch and dinner?

it really can vary...if you opt to do tacos it can be inexpensive like $5 for tacos and beer but places like the office gt expensive.

there is this great place that has cheap breakfast...look in the cabo section, i have restaurant reviews with prices, etc.

I would recommend budgeting $200-$300 per day for food and drinks.

broken down (roughly) as follows:

lunch: $50

drinks: $50

dinner: $100

after dinner/entertainment: $50

my estimate could be conservative or could be high depending on what you like to do, and how much you drink, but Cabo is pretty expensive. On our last trip there we stayed at the Westin for 4 nights. We spent about $250 per day, and we bought beer and snacks at the store, and the discount vouchers to save. So it definitely could have been more. And we did not eat at 'C' or any other super upscale restaurant. I think our most upscale meal was the Office.

Thank you! I knew I was way off....we thought about $150, but we don't usually hold back on food and drinks. I knew Cabo was expensive, but it was hard to gague exactly how expensive it would be in reality. Ugh, I'm about to freak out my FI with this total... oh well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOESNTHESND View Post
We are staying at PB Sunset Beach for the first week, and would like a different hotel for the honeymoon. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is an AI good for the honeymoon?
If the budget for food is not enough to scare you to go to an AI... msnwink.gif

The only reason we did not consider staying at an AI for the honeymoon is because my FI and I LOVE going to try new restaurants when we travel. For us that's part of our traveling experience. It sounds great not to have to worry about having cash and budget though, and RIU and Dreams both look beautiful. So it all depends on your taste and what you value in a vacation/honeymoon.

WOW, ok so if were not big drinkers then that saves us some money their, but WOW I didn't expect the meals to be that much. Karla I'm with you, time to stess out the FI..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
WOW, ok so if were not big drinkers then that saves us some money their, but WOW I didn't expect the meals to be that much. Karla I'm with you, time to stess out the FI..
Believe it or not... he took it in stride!! I sent him a quick instant message with the listed budget above, and he replied: "Doesn't matter, I can't wait!!"

Probably because last night when we were putting a list together of things we (ha ha "I") wanted to do... (i.e. couples massage, etc...) I reminded him that we did not stay at the Palmilla or Ventanas so we could have more spending $$. So I think it sank in that I didn't want to be nickled and dimed for food, activities, etc... Luckily we prepared and saved up, but still.... $300 a day?!? It's nuts! I'm trying not to think about it!

Ha, I know where you're coming from Karla. Now that we've got a full picture of the budget (including honeymoon, rings, etc), my FI is starting to freak a little about budget. I've warned him that I don't want to be nickeled and dimed either. He's starting to get over the sticker shock though. wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIAELM View Post
Ha, I know where you're coming from Karla. Now that we've got a full picture of the budget (including honeymoon, rings, etc), my FI is starting to freak a little about budget. I've warned him that I don't want to be nickeled and dimed either. He's starting to get over the sticker shock though. wink.gif
It won't matter once you're there, I really can't wait! Are you excited?!?
Can you believe how fast it is approaching? We still wonder where the time went!

After seeing the big picture, that taco stand is not sounding so bad! ha ha

I'm going to do some research on more affordable places to eat. I do remember seeing some postings in tripadvisor, etc... I'll let you know what I find.