July 2010 Brides - How's the Planning Going?
Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:59 PM
*created wedding website
*Sent out STD’s and travel packet
*Air and hotel booked, got TA for guests
*Got the dress
*BD date set
* renewed passport( got it back in record time- 2 wks!)
*completed draft of welcome booklet
*scheduled appt for first counseling session
*purchased outfits for upcoming BD
*created gift registry
To be done:
*Wedding Day Accessories
*D©cor: paper stuff- table numbers, guest book/mat
*favors, oot bags?
*Groom, BM attire
*Plan Welcome gathering
*Dress alterations fitting #1 in May
*Marriage certificate paperwork
*cake, menu, centerpieces
Here are a few of my recent checks:
*Started premarital counseling
*Invites sent out w/ May 1 RSVP
*Shopping w/ moh and mom & ordered their dresses
*Bd pics taken
* found 2 possible locations for welcome event
* tried out a new hair stylist to get ideas
*put together ideas for welcome brochure( still need to design)
Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:57 AM
- Created and Ordered Programs for the Ceremony
- Ordered Raffia Fans
- Bought GM's outfits and new wedding shirt for my FI
- Bought 3 new dresses for showers and rehearsal dinner
- Received Bags and Mugs for OOT Bags
- Finished purchasing remaining items for OOT bags
- Created and put together chapstick labels
- Mailed out Pre-departure Brochure and Luggage Tags
- Ordered more thank you cards for showers - only did 50 the first time...just ordered 20 more
- Bought dress for Bachelourette Party - 70's theme!
- Bought earrings and tiara
- Scheduled first fitting for May 6th
- Got my hair highlighted
- Started on the base tan
- Finalized song choices for our Rock the Reception First Dance...my bro is working on the mix now
- Had Boudoir Photos taken...amazing experience!
- Collected Sanddollars for Name Cards at the reception
- Paid final amount for flowers! Should arrive early May!
- Wrote my vows
- Finalized poem choice for Ceremony and work on script
- Bought bubbles for ceremony
- Confirmed hair appointments, menu choices, and colours of flowers with WC at the Gran Bahia
Still to Do:
- Purchase candles for reception
- Find FI's wedding band...it's been a huge quest!
- Make Table Numbers
- Mom is making name cards with sanddollars
- Finalize script for ceremony
- Wrap fans with ribbon and attach programs
- Have OOT bag assembly party with BM's on May 16th!
- Get Legal Paperwork going - going April 19th
- Get fittings done for my dress
- Make Mission Impossible Cards for kissing game at the Reception
- Finish and order gift for my parents - I've created a hard cover photo book for them
- Attend showers and write thank you's - first one this FRIDAY!
- Get GM's flasks engraved
Wow...seems like a lot but we just keep ticking things off one by one!
How's everyone else going?
Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:20 PM
Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:34 PM
| Originally Posted by aubry |
Just got the wedding booked, still working on getting the TA stuff squared away and deposit to resort... Ok, everyone else can laugh wildly and be thankful by how much further along they are!! Dress shopping this Saturday, working on STD's today. Yes, it will be simple - thank goodness! Good luck to you all, too. Here's to keeping down the stress and remembering what's important throughout all the planning and preparation!
Wow, Aubry!! Sounds like you know what you need to get done so you should be fine! Good luck to you.
Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:12 PM
Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:39 PM
-tomorrow pick up dress
-bought photoshop elements on ebay to get really creative
-bought sand ceremony frame from amazon
-went halvsies on stadium cups with another bride here!
-finished template for ceremony program
-ordered photo albums for passport photobooks
-finished template for photobooks
-ordered back 2 panels of cardstock for DIY invites
-booked dj and started working on must have songs
-contacted photographer and was pleasantly suprised
-passports for my side of the family
now i need to...
-assemble invites and mail out by the end of the month
-order raffia fans
-order oot bags
-decide on shoes
-maracas or no?
Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:58 PM
-booked and paid for flight
-booked resort (still paying)
-booked photographer and videographer (still paying)
-ordered and paid for flowers
-sent off for passports (waiting for them)
-purchased wedding bands
-received bouquet jewelry
-received cake topper, toasting flutes, and cake server set
-received decanters and sand for sand ceremony
-ordered and paid for dress
-bought FI's shirt
-created song list
-created wedding website
-created wedding registries
STILL TO DO:
-get dress and have alterations
-purchase FI's pants
-purchase some clothes for trip
-finish paying for resort and photography/videography
-get marriage certificate and get legally married in the US
Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:27 AM
Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:57 PM
| Originally Posted by MDLady |
I've seen this item - Pre-departure Brochure and Meet the Guest Page - but don't know what it actually is. I've never seen it at any of the weddings. Can someone please tell me what would go into the pre-departure brochure and how to get it to the guests. Also, I love the meet the Guests idea and I have that on my website but I doubt many people are going there to look.... What ideas do you have for Meet the Guests
Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:17 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users