Sign in to follow this  
seaprincess

Booked trip to Panama, any one ever been to the Playa Blanca?

Hey ladies! My hubby and two other couples just booked a trip to Panama for April. We were looking for sun, sand, and a bit of adventure, and we wanted a different local. Costa Rica was out of the budget, so we decided on Panama. I've never met anyone who has been, so I figured I would check in here to get a few opinions - and who knows better than my DW girls!

We are staying at the Playa Blanca Resort about 2 hrs from Panama City, and down the beach from the Decameron (which I have seen is a spot for a few furture brides on the forum). The Playa Blanca is significantly smaller, and not as well known as the Decameron so there isn't as much written on it.

Trip Advisor can be so mixed, so I would love to hear from anyone who has been or anyone who knows someone who has been.

(PS - I'll be creepin' some of the weddings that are going on while we are there to report back to future brides)

Thanks ladies and happy holidays!

I've been there. It's beautiful. Panama is less touristy than Costa Rica; to me that's better. March-April are tranistion months going from dry season to rainy season but I heard the dry season is suposed to last longer this year. I'm getting married in Panama in March, not at Playa Blanca though. You'll have fun.

Hey- Im getting married at the Decameron next month in Panama- but my first panama expereince was at the playa blanca with another couple and to be honest- its a perfect couples getaway and less of a party place like the decameron-although the disco is still comparable

the food and service was amazing and the rooms were nice-

I recommend

Thanks for your opinions ladies! My only regret is that now that it's -20C in Ottawa, I wish I had booked for January instead of March! Next year we will be escaping during January to celebrate our anniversary for sure!

Sorry, I stayed at the Decameron when I went. Panama was lovely, although we didn't explore much of it. I really want to go back though and explore the San Blas area - it looks out of this world!

DH and I were considering this area for our first year anniversary trip coming up next week, but we decided on the Decameron in El Salvador. Let us know what you think about the place - tripadvisor is definitely mixed about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycardiff View Post
Hey- Im getting married at the Decameron next month in Panama- but my first panama expereince was at the playa blanca with another couple and to be honest- its a perfect couples getaway and less of a party place like the decameron-although the disco is still comparable
the food and service was amazing and the rooms were nice-

I recommend

Just booked our wedding at the Decameron for Jan of next year!
I'd love to know how you make out with your wedding, and how you've been dealing with the WC and the resort.
Congrats!
Enjoy

Hi SeaPrincess,

I am considering Playa Blanca for a wedding and was wondering how your trip was.  Did you see any weddings during your stay? Would you recommend it? I'd love to hear any tips or info that you'd like to share!