Reception .. yes/no?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 swalsh

• 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:33 AM

hey thanks for the advise and suggestion this really helped! yes we do have a big group come with us at least 36 people so far! i feel better now that im not the only person with a small dilemma...lol
    aka: Nana

#12 jamaicabride09

• 856 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:28 AM

Hi Shauna,

We decided to book the three hour reception because we had 47 people join us at SGOR. We had a blast!The staff went above and beyod....

It's very hard for the restaurants to accomodate large groups. I would suggest doing something private and then moving the party back to your pool.

Happy Planning!

#13 meseh

• 194 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Girasole
        I have been going round & round with this too. For 2 hr reception with a meal & drinks (no music or anything) it's $50 pp. Our wedding isn't until 4pm so that would put us at about 6:30 pm when it's all over and people can just hang out. So then after talking with my mom she thinks we should just do the 1 hr cocktail reception then all go to one of the restaurants on the resort. I'm going nuts trying to decide too, ha! My biggest issue with the sit down reception is decorations, they charge a lot for additional tables/decorations and I don't want to go over our budget.
        I agree with you, why pay all of that extra money when you can just sit down as a group and have dinner, unless your just into the tradition wedding reception

#14 jamaicabride10

• 55 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:54 PM

I'm having trouble with this too, but I think once the Finishing Touches catalogue is complete, I will have a better idea of budgets. If I go the private reception I will have all the additional table & d©cor costs to look at too. Just have to wait & see what it is all going to cost... ;-)
          Isn't it amazing to have found someone who gets you 100%

#15 latoya1908

• 170 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:37 AM

...which brings up another great question....WHEN WILL THE FINISHING TOUCHES CATALOG BE AVAILABLE!!?? I keep hearing the end of January but I'm not sure...

#16 Julie H

Julie H
            • 53 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

I talked to Amber this past week and she said the Finishing Touches book would be out by this coming Fri. She also said the additional flower book would be combined with the Finishing Touches book.

#17 jamaica0510

• 28 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

We are only having 8 guests at the wedding so we are having a small reception after with champagne, appetizers, and the cake. Then we are all going out to one of the resturants at the resort. We are getting married off the resort also.

We are having an AHR also the week after we return.

#18 Massagegirl

• 44 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

Ok! I have gone back and forth also! I feel since its an AI, the dinner is already included, why spend another $1000?? Our wedding is on a Friday and they offer a beach party every Friday...so thats what we're going to do! But, we are having a reception back home...

#19 Jamaican_Smile

• 31 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

Does anyone know if the $15 pp value of the 30 min. cocktail reception can be applied to the 1 hour cocktail reception? I'm eligible for the group wedding and we don't want to go for the 3-hour reception, but would consider upgrading to the 1 hour cocktail.

#20 BakersGirl

• 324 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:31 PM

We booked a private sunset cruise that we are using as our reception. We thought that the cruise was 2-fold. It gave us a super private reception and it also provided something nice for our guests being it was a private excursion at no cost to them! Let me know if you need more info. We are super excited about it! Good Luck!
                      Kelly & Michael
                      May 2, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users