Hot Chocolate: What kind do you drink?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hahaha, I'm going to add that one as well. I now have four sample hot chocolates for my fam to possibly buy for me. If no one does I'm going to be stuck on which one to order myself!

#12 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
    • 2,754 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:54 PM

I ditto on the Williams Sonoma! Yummy!

#13 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:05 PM

I love hot chocolate too. Funny though that I'm okay with the SM brand. I usually get the Chocolate Lovers.
        I also like it creamy so when I'm home, I always make mine with milk as opposed to water. Have you ever tried that?

When I'm out & about, I LOVE Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate. Its sooo smooth. I'll definitely have to try Tim Hortons to compare since they turned a few DD into TH.

#14 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

If you like the chocolate-cinnamon flavor the Mexican hot chocolates like Abuelita or Ibarra are really good. That's what we keep at home. You make it in the blender and it comes out really frothy and yummy.

Also, Land O Lakes (like the butter) makes great hot chocolate mixes that come in a bunch of flavors. They are really good and my choice when I don't feel like getting out the blender :)

These are all inexpensive and found at the grocery store.

#15 carolina24

carolina24
          • 1,573 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

my family is from Colombia so we buy chocolate bars (not like candy bars, but real cocoa) and melt it down with milk....yum!! My grandmother used to make it for me all the time when I lived there :)

#16 Geralyn

Geralyn
            • 2,677 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jenne
              I never buy hot chocolate to make at home but I tried something interesting at work today. We have a coffee/cappuccino/hot chocolate machine so I had a hot chocolate and put a candy cane in it that someone gave me so it was like a mint hot chocolate. It was really good!
              This sounds so yummy...I am going to try this right now!!

#17 diane.callaghan

diane.callaghan
              • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

Carnation for Timmy's for sure - as long as it has Peppermint Schnapps....MMMMmmmmm

#18 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:08 PM

I love me some hot chocolate. i just got a thing of Tastefully Simple hot cocoa i'll let you girls know how it is after i try it.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
                  I love hot chocolate too. Funny though that I'm okay with the SM brand. I usually get the Chocolate Lovers.
                  I also like it creamy so when I'm home, I always make mine with milk as opposed to water. Have you ever tried that?

When I'm out & about, I LOVE Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate. Its sooo smooth. I'll definitely have to try Tim Hortons to compare since they turned a few DD into TH.
                  I dont mind the swiss miss either, but i do it with milk too. and i put extra marshmallows in it. i like the taste of the melted marshmallows.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by starchild
                  Also, Land O Lakes (like the butter) makes great hot chocolate mixes that come in a bunch of flavors. They are really good and my choice when I don't feel like getting out the blender :)

These are all inexpensive and found at the grocery store.
                  I've never seen the Land O Lakes kind at my grocery store. i'll take a look for it next time i go.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#19 Laura22610

Laura22610
                  • 468 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

Okay..I just tried a new hot chocolate yesterday and it was really good! I made it from the recipe on the side of a can of Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa. It is the cocoa powder, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Yum!

#20 poohshek

poohshek
                    • 1,456 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:29 AM

I know this probably does not count but I drink Ovaltine with soy instead of hot chocolate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users