Photo

What are your guests throwing at the wedding?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 bosi

bosi
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:41 AM

What are your guests throwing?
    I am getting married at beaches negril and they would lke something environmentally friendly- so freeze dred petals? Pretty expensive for just throwing?
    Rice?
    Biodegradable confetti?
    Nothing?

#2 nsimpson

nsimpson
    • 325 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:53 AM

Bubbles photograph beautifully or perhaps you could use petals....
      Love is a wonderful thing!
      Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#3 carolina24

carolina24
      • 1,573 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:50 PM

We're throwing petals now that we're getting married at the gazebo, so they can be fake. I wouldn't spend the money on real ones. I like the idea of bubbles. Where are you having the reception? Maybe they can throw petals when you leave for the night?

#4 frazali

frazali
        • 245 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

For my first wedding we used bubbles - they really did photograph beautifully, and we fun, light and airy. Best of all, they're environmentally friendly - nothing for animals to choke on.

#5 bosi

bosi
          • 131 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

THanks,

The wedding is on the gazebo but they want freeze dried or real petals.
            I think I have narrowed it down to the bubbles and the petals.. But I looked at the price of freeze dried petals on the internet, they are not so cheap.....?Are there websites with reasonably priced ones?

#6 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

I really like the bubbles. Just make sure to check if you can take freeze dried petals into Jamaica or not, I know you can't take them into Mexico but I'm not sure what the rules are for Jamaica so if you do plan on using them double check first.
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#7 daniepps

daniepps
              • 304 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:54 AM

I wasn't planning on having the guests throw anything but if I do anything it will be bubbles.

#8 Simistar

Simistar
                • 645 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

Though I'd throw in a completely different idea:-)
                  We did ribbon wands, which people used to party with and for funny pictures throughout the night, lol:-)

Found a random pic online to show you what they look like (sorry, if you've ever read my photographer review, you'll know he didn't actually take any pics of them, so I can't show you how ours looked:-))

Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the company we ordered from...and they were cheap too! (as in price, not quality:-))
                  I think we got to choose two or three colours per wand and they were only $6per dozen...

Wedding Wands, Wedding Wand, Wholesale Wedding Wand, Wedding Favor, Wedding Novelties, Wedding Novelty.

Just click on "Wedding Wands" on the left-hand side if you want to check them out:-)

#9 NaM

NaM
                  • 2,256 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Simistar
                    Though I'd throw in a completely different idea:-)
                    We did ribbon wands, which people used to party with and for funny pictures throughout the night, lol:-)

Found a random pic online to show you what they look like (sorry, if you've ever read my photographer review, you'll know he didn't actually take any pics of them, so I can't show you how ours looked:-))

Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the company we ordered from...and they were cheap too! (as in price, not quality:-))
                    I think we got to choose two or three colours per wand and they were only $6per dozen...

Wedding Wands, Wedding Wand, Wholesale Wedding Wand, Wedding Favor, Wedding Novelties, Wedding Novelty.

Just click on "Wedding Wands" on the left-hand side if you want to check them out:-)
                    We did the wands too!!! I don't have pictures yet but they sure were fun!

#10 frazali

frazali
                    • 245 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

Those look awesome and so festive!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users