• Please log in to reply
831 replies to this topic

#501 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by carolina24
    what an awesome list!!! thank you and your siggy is adorable. glad you had such a good time, congrats!!
    Thank you!!

#502 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
    • 3,103 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

Meaghan, don't mind at all! Great list BTW! :)

#503 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
      • 539 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lite
        I love this thread but it's stressing me out!! I was hoping to just show up and get married and that be it. There's so much extra stuff to make it special... now to decide on a budget and what's important to me. But there's SOOO much information/extras!! How do you pick/narrow it down!!

Thanks ladies! I have 9 months of planning. eek!

:) I feel the same way you do!! Those 9 months go FAST so start now! I only have about 4 1/2 left and wish I would have gotten moving on stuff earlier. Plus it's so fun, you only (well, sometimes) get to plan a wedding once!
        ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#504 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
        • 4,512 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KittenHeart
          What I would do again:

- Stress. Wow, I stressed a LOT, people not coming, people cancelling, no parents coming, drama etc. This was pointless. A wise bride (Nicole) told me to stop stressing, it didn't matter and my wedding would be perfect. She told me quote "you won't miss ANYONE once you're there" and she was absolutely right. All those people who didn't come or cancelled or fell out at the last minute didn't cross my mind once, I was having to good of a time to care. I wasted a lot of tears and restless nights.

I hope this helps! This thread was so helpful to me while planning my wedding :)
          Amy, you're the sweetest! Even though you were still stressing, I'm so glad that you took in what I said. You deserved a perfect wedding, and I knew you'd get it :). Now I have you to back me up when people think I'm crazy for what I try to tell them lol!
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#505 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
          • 3,103 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~Nicole~
            Amy, you're the sweetest! Even though you were still stressing, I'm so glad that you took in what I said. You deserved a perfect wedding, and I knew you'd get it :). Now I have you to back me up when people think I'm crazy for what I try to tell them lol!
            Thank you girl! I'll never forget how right you were so I trust you forever now! :) Anyone that doubts you or thinks you are crazy, just send them my way, a happy customer

#506 tsgnatko

tsgnatko
            • 164 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

Great Advice - I loved reading your do;s and don'ts

#507 JanineA

JanineA
              • 2,482 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

Wow! I think I found this thread at the right time. I was supposed to receive my invitations this week but freaked out and have delayed them by a week and lately I have seemed to start second guessing everything. I wasn't worried about who was attending and not attending until this past weekend and I have no reason to be so panicked I am like 5 months out. Thanks Maegan and Amy, both your novels/entries were well worth it, I feel a sense of calm now.

#508 sciencegrl10

sciencegrl10
                • 33 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

i love this thread, its amazingly helpful and calming! can't wait to add my list in a few weeks

#509 krmiller

krmiller
                  • 239 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

Lots of helpful info...Thanks!

#510 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                    • 3,103 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JanineA
                      Wow! I think I found this thread at the right time. I was supposed to receive my invitations this week but freaked out and have delayed them by a week and lately I have seemed to start second guessing everything. I wasn't worried about who was attending and not attending until this past weekend and I have no reason to be so panicked I am like 5 months out. Thanks Maegan and Amy, both your novels/entries were well worth it, I feel a sense of calm now.
                      OH good! So glad we could help :) Please don't be stressed, just keep thinking about your big day... it's all about you and your husband that day and you'll see that nothing else matters :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users