#1 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:22 PM

Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar?s 19th Child Arrives Prematurely | Story | Wonderwall

Entertainment Tonight, December 11, 2009
Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar of TLC's "18 Kids and Counting" welcomed their 19th child three months early on Thursday evening.
Baby Josie Brooklyn was born on Tuesday night at 6:27 p.m., reports People.com, and weighed in at 1 lb. 6 oz. The infant, who was delivered at 6:27 p.m. via emergency c-section after Michelle was hospitalized due to gallbladder issues, is currently being cared for in the NICU at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
A rep for TLC told People in a statement, "The most important thing right now is for mom and baby Josie to get as much rest as possible. The family is grateful for all the prayers and well wishes during their recovery."
Josie's birth comes just two months after Jim Bob and Michelle became grandparents for the first time. Mackynzie Renee was born on Oct. 9 to the Duggar's eldest son, Josh, and his wife, Anna. Jordyn-Grace Makya, the Duggar's 18th child, was born last December.
Devout Baptists, the Duggars home-school all of their children, which include 9 girls and 10 boys. They say they would never try to avoid having more.
"If there was something that were life threatening for me, that would be a matter of prayer," Michelle recently told the Religion News Service about continuing to have children despite possible health risks. “I’m not at that place. I guess we would just cross that bridge when we got there."

Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#2 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

what a small baby, I really hope the baby will be okay, this must be so scary after so many healthy term babies.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Jess

Jess
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

oh my gosh - tiny. I really hope the baby survives

#4 alkoch

alkoch
    • 515 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:14 PM

That is soo small. I hope they are both ok. Is her gall bladder issue taken care of? I like the name though.

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:57 AM

yikes, i know how scary it is to have a baby 2 months early is, i can't imagine any earlier. i hope that the baby (and mom) is ok!

#6 SusieQ

SusieQ
        • 1,603 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:56 AM

Oh My OH My.... first what a tiny baby, and way to early... I hope she is ok.. secondly I must have my head in a cloud because I have never heard of this show or the family.. Yikes that is a lot of children

#7 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

Oh no hope mom and baby are ok prayers to them and all the mommies that go through this..

#8 carolina24

carolina24
            • 1,573 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

Oh no, I've seen the show a couple of times and all the kids seems so healthy. I hope everything turns out ok, she's so small I do think that they need to stop though b/c they're getting olders and after sooo many kids, maybe her body can't handle it anymore!

#9 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

I saw an update on MSN the other day, the Duggars were on the Today Show and said that Josie has gained a pound and is doing well, she will not go home until at least her due date. She is apparently doing well but they said they are cautiously optomistic about her as they have been told that preemies can do a complete 180 in a short amount of time.

#10 Cassie

Cassie
              • 5,341 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

Have you seen the picture of her? She's tiny!
                Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users