• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alisarosenbaum
    Does anyone have any other suggestions of hotels we can look at? We are doing our site visit December 1-5, and because we are so far away, we can only go this once before the wedding. Right now we have talked to the Hilton and the Westin. I have called, emailed, and filled out a request for the Sheraton, and have still heard nothing back. We do not want all inclusives and we need to keep the rooms under $250/night. I really want to look at more than 2 hotels!! Any ideas
    Some of the girls highly recommend the Cabo Surf Hotel. It looks great from the pictures but is a smaller hotel and I am not sure if that will fit the needs of your group. There are tons of hotels in Cabo but as for the BIG players you have them on your list.

We didn't check out the Westin when we went for our site visit (not sure why we didn't!) I would have to say that the Sheraton was a close second to the Hilton - it is a really nice resort that has a lot of charm to it but after meeting with the sales manager at the Sheraton and compairing her to the wedding coordinator at the Hilton our decision was easily made.

The wedding coordinator at the Hilton, Emeline, was very warm and friendly. She had a very upbeat positive attitude about everything and this made us feel very comfortable. The sales manager at the Sheraton was nice but more out of obligation! It seemed like she had gone thru the song and dance of a site tour SOOOO many times before that she really didn't care if had your wedding there or not!

In the end we felt that visiting a few of the properties was helpful in making our final decision. I am sure that you will have a great time checking them all out!
    Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
    http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#12 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alisarosenbaum
    Does anyone have any other suggestions of hotels we can look at? We are doing our site visit December 1-5, and because we are so far away, we can only go this once before the wedding. Right now we have talked to the Hilton and the Westin. I have called, emailed, and filled out a request for the Sheraton, and have still heard nothing back. We do not want all inclusives and we need to keep the rooms under $250/night. I really want to look at more than 2 hotels!! Any ideas
    the sheraton group rates are $195-240 depending on the type of room chosen

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#13 NATASHA

NATASHA
    • 646 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:05 PM

Check out Casa del Mar. It's a really nice property just down the street from the Hilton. Their new coordinator, Claudia, is very responsive and helpful. We had a few bumps because they are redoing the rooms while we are scheduled to be there, but we worked it out with the hotel to everyone's satisfaction.

The layout of the hotel is better for weddings than the Hilton in that it is totally separate from the hotel. You are on the beach and at the Beach Club - secluded from people walking in or near your wedding or looking out of their balcony's onto your wedding. The space is beautiful.

The food, also, is really good. I negotiated $40 pp which really helped on the budget. Had I known better, I also would have negotiated beverage before we signed the agreement.

We booked standard rooms (500 square feet and very nice) for $230 and suites (1000 square feet with a kitchen and separate living room) for $280. They will raise the rate since they are redoing the rooms. However, I found that they were very responsive when I told them the rate of the other two hotels we were looking at. They matched it.

Hope that helps.
      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#14 NATASHA

NATASHA
      • 646 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:05 PM

Check out Casa del Mar. It's a really nice property just down the street from the Hilton. Their new coordinator, Claudia, is very responsive and helpful. We had a few bumps because they are redoing the rooms while we are scheduled to be there, but we worked it out with the hotel to everyone's satisfaction.

The layout of the hotel is better for weddings than the Hilton in that it is totally separate from the hotel. You are on the beach and at the Beach Club - secluded from people walking in or near your wedding or looking out of their balcony's onto your wedding. The space is beautiful.

The food, also, is really good. I negotiated $40 pp which really helped on the budget. Had I known better, I also would have negotiated beverage before we signed the agreement.

We booked standard rooms (500 square feet and very nice) for $230 and suites (1000 square feet with a kitchen and separate living room) for $280. They will raise the rate since they are redoing the rooms. However, I found that they were very responsive when I told them the rate of the other two hotels we were looking at. They matched it.

Hope that helps.

#15 NATASHA

NATASHA
        • 646 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:08 PM

Oh - also - if you have a few guests who can't afford $230 a night, don't include them in your count for the block of rooms. There are condos on property that are much cheaper. We rented one for $225 a night and another for $185 a night. Both were recently remodeled and the owners were really easy to work with. There are also two bedroom condos that we rented for a few families for between $300 and $350.

#16 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:30 PM

The Cabo Surf doesn't have cheap rooms, but their food/beverage fees are quite a bit lower than other quotes I got. We are only using about 8 rooms at the hotel (we have 55 guests), as most of our guests are renting villas or condos on their own for MUCH cheaper. It's not ideal if your #1 priority is having everyone together at all times, but it works for us. You may want to look at it if this sound up your alley? I posted pics of it from my site visit on this board, just do a search and they should pull up.

#17 NATASHA

NATASHA
            • 646 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:36 PM

Janet - did they have a minimum number of rooms that you needed to book to waive a site fee?

#18 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
              • 88 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:30 AM

Natasha- Do you have Claudia's contact info?? Thanks for all the recs!

#19 Janet

Janet
                • VIP Member
                • 7,459 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:27 AM

Not when I booked (Jan 2006), but they might have one now. I would try to negotiate it down though.

#20 NATASHA

NATASHA
                  • 646 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:32 PM

Yep - grupos@casadelmarmexico.com. Tell her I sent you over as you usually get someone else who preclears you before you meet with her. No need for that!

I recommend eating there. They have a breakfast burrito that is SO good - I'm going to eat it for breakfast every day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users