Photo

New and confused!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Sweetpea_Mtl

Sweetpea_Mtl
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:24 AM

Indeed chosing your destination is mind boggling! Lists of must have and don't want will help and once you've norrowed it down to the country/region check out BDW forums as well as Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor for traveller reviews.
    Have fun planning your DW!

#12 SuperKate

SuperKate
    • 752 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

Aimes, choosing the location was definitely the worst part. Just try to picture your ideal wedding and find places that will make it happen.

Good luck!

#13 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
      • 600 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

Welcome Amy! You guys sound like me and my husband. We settled on the sleepy town of Tulum, MX. It has one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and has all sorts of accomodations from AI's, cabana hotels, to private villas (one built by Pablo Escobar).

#14 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
        • 4,853 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

Welcome and congrats, Amy!

Here's a really wonderful venue you should check out:
          Cuixmala

I photographed a wedding there, and it is really a spectacular place. To get a better feel for what a wedding held there would look like, you can check out the Cuixmala gallery of images on my website.

If you decide you'd rather have your wedding in a vineyard type setting, you should check out these venues:

Mayacamas Ranch, Calistoga, California: Weddings

Weddings Sonoma California | Wine Country Weddings | Weddings Wine Country | Sonoma Outdoor Weddings

Best wishes,
          Tod

#15 riokayak

riokayak
          • 175 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

Congratulations Amy! Good luck in finding the perfect location.

#16 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
            • 394 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

Congrats and welcome. My FI and I started out with lists: need to haves and nice to haves; then we prioritized both. I have a great Travel Agent (TA) at Wedding Destinations and Planning | Destination Weddings .com named Christina Boren. Once I communicated to her what was important to us, she gave her suggestions and emailed me info including links and "guestimates" on prices based on her current research. This helped us enormously and we were able to pick a location and resort because of her input.

I hope that this helps and happy planning!

#17 CritseyRowe

CritseyRowe
              • 43 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

You are in the right place to figure out where you want to go, there is so much info here you will surly find someplace amazing to tie the knot!
                Congratulations!

#18 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                • 5,521 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

HI Amy! Welcome to the forum!! You will find tons of useful and helpful info here! Congrats and happy planning!

#19 Girasole

Girasole
                  • 757 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

We knew we wanted an island but didn't know which one so we asked our travel agent to give us photos of certain places (bahamas, bermuda, st. lucia, etc...) and recommendations from her clients on which they preferred & why. We ended up deciding on Turks & Caicos...remote, georgeous beaches, great snorkeling & my FI's favorite...swim up bars ha!
                    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#20 Aimes

Aimes
                    • 18 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:10 AM

Thanks again you are all so helpful, it is so great finding this forum where everyone is so willing to give advice based on their own experiences.

So we have started to narrow it down, but probably not in the most conventional of ways!! My FI went to his cousin's wedding in the Dominican Republic before we met, and we just went to our best friends wedding in Riviera Maya - both were stunning weddings but we have decided not to go to either of those areas as we feel that we would be taking away from their wedding experiences, we would rather leave those places special for them.

I am really tempted with Italy, I spent some time studying and working out there, and I love it, but we have to work out the logistics and the expense of it. We spent a week in the RIU in Aruba in January, and that was gorgeous, but I want to look more into the Carribbean islands, and also if Italy does not work out then maybe the Californian vineyards.

I think that my FI is in for a really fun weekend this weekend with all these discussions ... I am so scared that I am going to turn into bridezilla!!!!!

Thanks again to you all, A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users