Sign in to follow this  
jawedding

Jamaican Charities

We would like to donate to a Jamaican charity, but we're having some trouble finding/choosing one. It's also hard to know which are reputable..

Does anybody have any suggestions?

I don't know much about specific charities, but my fiance and I always like to help underprivileged schools, so our WC found a local school in Negril in need of school supplies and we are asking our guests to bring down a few items and we will add it to our bigger donation to give to the school.

Just an idea!

My mom is part of an association that helps the community where she is from in Jamaica...

The website(pardon it's appearance -- I'm helpin them to maintain it in my free times) is

Brown's Hall Organization

Most of the members are living in the US, but contribute their time and money helping their home land. If you have any questions, send me a PM.

Sandals has a foundation/charity that assist all sorts of projects in Jamaica and the Caribbean- I think you can even specify where you want teh money to go! can't remember the name of it off hand!

we ended up choosing children of jamaica outreach (COJO), they have done SO many great things.. after I made my donation, the guy actually called to say thank you, he said most of their donations come from companies that are solicited, and they rarely get donations unexpectedly.. we also donated to world vision to haiti