Jump to content

Photo

Strapless Gown- Age Inappropriate?


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,233 posts

    Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

    Its so nice to see some older brides around. Patti your date is right around the corner! You must be getting excited.
    July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

    #32 SusieQ

    SusieQ
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,603 posts

      Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:07 AM

      I am looking forward to seeing all of you in your dresses, Mature, confident and beautiful women.... Yeah go Girls.....

      #33 Patti

      Patti
      • Member
      • 555 posts

        Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

        Yes, Sunstarsmoon, I'm pretty excited about the wedding - and some fun in the sun. They're talking snow flurries in Dallas. Can you believe?

        #34 classadiva

        classadiva
        • Member
        • 685 posts

          Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:33 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Patti
          Yes, Sunstarsmoon, I'm pretty excited about the wedding - and some fun in the sun. They're talking snow flurries in Dallas. Can you believe?
          Congrats Patti!!! I know that you must be very excited.

          #35 sunstarsmoon

          sunstarsmoon
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,233 posts

            Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:36 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Patti
            Yes, Sunstarsmoon, I'm pretty excited about the wedding - and some fun in the sun. They're talking snow flurries in Dallas. Can you believe?

            SNOW, I really don't like it. We are having a pretty mild fall, with no real snow expected anytime soon just a few flurries here and there.

            Classadiva - did the pictures of you in the dresses turn out. I am waiting lol.
            I am not dress shopping until the spring hoping to drop a few lbs. I did make a trip to David's Bridal and tried a few on a while back. I thought I had found the dress but I am starting to lean towards a Maggie Sottero, I just love her designs.
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

            #36 classadiva

            classadiva
            • Member
            • 685 posts

              Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon
              SNOW, I really don't like it. We are having a pretty mild fall, with no real snow expected anytime soon just a few flurries here and there.

              Classadiva - did the pictures of you in the dresses turn out. I am waiting lol.
              I am not dress shopping until the spring hoping to drop a few lbs. I did make a trip to David's Bridal and tried a few on a while back. I thought I had found the dress but I am starting to lean towards a Maggie Sottero, I just love her designs.
              Oh...they came out....horribly!!! LOL They are terrible...they were trying to take pics in a rush...too close....not posed...at least that is what my friends and family are saying as an excuse for the horrible pictures!! Of course...we are always way too harsh on ourselves....but I hate the way they came out. Maybe THIS is why they do not allow picture taking?

              #37 sweetiecat

              sweetiecat
              • Jr. Member
              • 186 posts

                Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

                Class A Diva -

                Thanks for the store recommendation! They have a lot of dresses that can be ordered online. :)

                #38 classadiva

                classadiva
                • Member
                • 685 posts

                  Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:09 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sweetiecat
                  Class A Diva -

                  Thanks for the store recommendation! They have a lot of dresses that can be ordered online. :)
                  Yes...and the best part is that they price match plus beat the price by 5%!! You just have to give them the proof of the cheaper price from the on-line retailer. For instance, I saw the dresses that I will lilkely use as bridesmaids dresses on-line for about $34 cheaper....they will match it and then give a 5% discount...but it is under their no-frills program. You measure yourself...and you have to get your own alterations.

                  So far...it looks like this is the store where I will get my dress...one more shop to go to this Saturday!!

                  #39 bearbunny

                  bearbunny
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 183 posts

                    Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

                    wear what you feel confident and beautiful in..this is your day!!!!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users