Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
joannew76

ROR Ceremony ! Help!!

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am getting married Dec 2 2009 at ROR. It's been so difficult getting in touch with Chandlyn regarding information. I haven't even received my phone call yet! Definitly not impressed.

Has anyone an idea how the length of time of a Civil Ceremony ?

Also, I thought about doing the Sand Ceremony to add to it, as I want to get Michael to record the ceremony, I want to make spending the money on the recording well worth it! Does anyone know if I have to purchase the sand ceremony kit prior to going to Jamaica? I know it's an extra $50 to add to the package.

 

I am just going with the Classic Package, small group going total of 7 ppl. I was so disappointed with the flower bouquet options, and now have to upgrade. sad.gif

 

I am just disappointed in the arrangements that haven't taken place and yet I am paying for it! Mexico replies faster then Chandlyn. Although she seems extremely nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by joannew76 View Post
Hi, I am getting married Dec 2 2009 at ROR. It's been so difficult getting in touch with Chandlyn regarding information. I haven't even received my phone call yet! Definitly not impressed.
Has anyone an idea how the length of time of a Civil Ceremony ?
Also, I thought about doing the Sand Ceremony to add to it, as I want to get Michael to record the ceremony, I want to make spending the money on the recording well worth it! Does anyone know if I have to purchase the sand ceremony kit prior to going to Jamaica? I know it's an extra $50 to add to the package.

I am just going with the Classic Package, small group going total of 7 ppl. I was so disappointed with the flower bouquet options, and now have to upgrade. sad.gif

I am just disappointed in the arrangements that haven't taken place and yet I am paying for it! Mexico replies faster then Chandlyn. Although she seems extremely nice.

My date is December 3, 2009. Don't worry, everything will work out just fine. I believe the civil ceremony is 15 minutes without adding a hand ceremony, readings, etc. We went with the Free Package and are upgrading our cake and flowers. I checked with the vendors suggested by Chandlyn and the RIU, but decided to use other vendors who are less expensive. Norma from Lee's Tours & Taxi is working with us to get a traditional Jamaican black (rum) cake for $100 less than the baker suggested by the resort. Also, she is getting me prices on flowers. I also found another florist (thanks to this site) that is $128cheaper than Tai Floral - - Jan's Bridal & Flowers (jansflowers@hotmail.com). Jan's sand ceremony supplies (two colors of sand and the vase) is $38. Every penny counts! If you want to upgrade anything or purchase supplies for the sand ceremony, I would check with outside vendors for a better price. It's not too late and Chandlyn did not have a problem with me using other vendors for the cake and flowers. Good luck and I'll probably see you in Jamaica.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Maureen View Post
I am sorry you are feeling disappointed right now. Answers to all of your questions are here though. Just browse around the Jamaica forum for all the titles with ROR.

When you are feeling frustrated try to remember there are 3 weddings per day, 6 days a week at ROR. Weddings can be booked a year in advance. So Chandlyn is dealing with over 900 brides. If you want any private events you should book those in advance by emailing Chandlyn. Spa/salon reservations can be made in advance directly with Renova Spa and you can also contact Michael directly regarding photos. Most other questions can be answered here and everything else gets confirmed at your meeting with the WC prior to the wedding.

As for the ceremony, it is very short. However, you can add anything you would like to it, hand ceremony, sand ceremony, have family members do a reading. Just write what you want added and give it to Chandlyn at your meeting. Sand ceremony you can buy your own set and bring it with you or I believe they now have a set there you can use and that is what the additional cost is for. I would say most brides bring their own and usually bring sand in their wedding colors.

Here are some threads that may help you:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...wording-45307/
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...t-today-32386/
Yes, e-mail Chandlyn as soon as possible if you want to reserve space at St. Ann's or another site for a Welcome Dinner or rehersal dinner. She is usually pretty good about responding to specific requests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is correct there are alot of brides there fand just imagine how many emails and calls she is getting and if I'm not mistaken there is only one of her. I'm sure she will get back to you and just search here for all your answers, it may take some time but I'm sure you will find the answers. Good luck with everything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The internet speed at the hotel can be EXTREMELY slow and they are extremely busy so it can take a while for them to respond.

 

I agree with the pp that if you know what you want you should shop around before hand and try and get it cheaper. If that isn't an issue you can pick whatever you want at your meeting with Chandlyn and it will be ready for your wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is Chandlyn's email weddings.ori@riu.com.

 

I have read that the ceremony is very short. And I have only emailed her once, it took her almost 2 weeks later to get back to me. I was expecting as much, since I never received anything at the "one month before mark" of my ceremony nor after browsing this forum to find out that its not uncommon to get a late response and after seeing how many brides contact her, she must be really swamped and inundated w/ tons of emails. I didn't even know phone calls were a definite option/ guaranteed line of communication w/ her. I pretty much browse the resort to find what info I can, DIY what I can, and I don't intend on doing anything private or too many other upgrades so I will just settle for consulting w/ her on anything further when we get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone email me the civil ceremony words please, I don't have enough points to open the link thread. I have emailed Chandlyn 2 days ago as I leave Sat 6am, to ask when we would have a meeting. I have no response on flowers yet!! The Classic selection....is terrible. Honestly I heard Sandals has way better organization, If I read more about this place I would of chose someplace else. We are paying $700 for a service for 7 ppl including myself and fiance. I am just fustrated.

 

I know everything will eventually be amazing, but when people ask me questions.. I can't answer them regarding half of the wedding info..It's very embarrasing.

 

What is a hand ceremony ? Is it extra cost ?

If the sand ceremony is $50- does anyone know if they provide the Sand kit,

or If I bought my own would I still be required to pay the $50 fee ?

 

Sorry for asking too many questions, ......fustrated..and anxious!!!

 

Good luck to all you brides!!! Wishing you all the best!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdog2 View Post
My date is December 3, 2009. Don't worry, everything will work out just fine. I believe the civil ceremony is 15 minutes without adding a hand ceremony, readings, etc. We went with the Free Package and are upgrading our cake and flowers. I checked with the vendors suggested by Chandlyn and the RIU, but decided to use other vendors who are less expensive. Norma from Lee's Tours & Taxi is working with us to get a traditional Jamaican black (rum) cake for $100 less than the baker suggested by the resort. Also, she is getting me prices on flowers. I also found another florist (thanks to this site) that is $128cheaper than Tai Floral - - Jan's Bridal & Flowers (jansflowers@hotmail.com). Jan's sand ceremony supplies (two colors of sand and the vase) is $38. Every penny counts! If you want to upgrade anything or purchase supplies for the sand ceremony, I would check with outside vendors for a better price. It's not too late and Chandlyn did not have a problem with me using other vendors for the cake and flowers. Good luck and I'll probably see you in Jamaica.
Thank you sooooo much for this flower info! My WC uses Tai too and just for flower petals it costs $85-175 no way hosay! i'll contact Jan today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannew76 View Post
Can someone email me the civil ceremony words please, I don't have enough points to open the link thread. I have emailed Chandlyn 2 days ago as I leave Sat 6am, to ask when we would have a meeting. I have no response on flowers yet!! The Classic selection....is terrible. Honestly I heard Sandals has way better organization, If I read more about this place I would of chose someplace else. We are paying $700 for a service for 7 ppl including myself and fiance. I am just fustrated.

I know everything will eventually be amazing, but when people ask me questions.. I can't answer them regarding half of the wedding info..It's very embarrasing.

What is a hand ceremony ? Is it extra cost ?
If the sand ceremony is $50- does anyone know if they provide the Sand kit,
or If I bought my own would I still be required to pay the $50 fee ?

Sorry for asking too many questions, ......fustrated..and anxious!!!

Good luck to all you brides!!! Wishing you all the best!!
Oh man, i feel your stress! can you try calling her? write our your list of questions and call her until she answers or until someone answers that can answer all your questions. Leaving in a few days and not having any questions answered is totally going to be nerve racking i'm sure. My friend who had her DW in Mexico went through this too and she got all her questions answered when she got to the hotel and it went so smoothly! I'm been verrry fortunate to have a responsive WC at my hotel though.
Good luck and congrats to your wedding sooooo soon!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×