Photo

All-inclusive Cabo?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 LAUREN1980

LAUREN1980
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

I love Villa Del Arco because it is right downtown, the rooms are amazing and the hotel is brand new. it was very important to me to have a somewhat private wedding. being that Villa Del Palmar is the last hotel on medano beach - our ceremony will take place on the sand inbetween Palmar and RIU - there is no one around. Our guest have 3 options of price levels on the hotels since they are all next door to eachother and sister propertites. Del Arco, Palmar and Estancia. We can use all pools, resturants, and grounds. Our cocktail hour will be on the Pirate ship and our reception will be at El Faro which is at the far end of the hotel - it will be closed for a private party and the walls are all glass - perfect view of Lands end and amazing, fun lounge furniture and clay fire pits. Ahhhhhh - I am so excited!!!!
    Lauren & Jr
    November 10, 2007
    Villa Del Arco!!!!

#32 shelleyr

shelleyr
    • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:01 AM

Wowza! That does sound VERY nice! I can feel your excitement! Congrats!!I'll have to check it out. Are you using a WC and what weather are you expecting for November?

#33 A&P08

A&P08
      • 62 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

If you want a quiet resort I would go with Dreams. I am staying at Riu Palace for my wedding because I feel that my guests will have more fun there. I was there in August and I went to visit resorts. The Dreams is very quiet and the music has to stop at 10. We are doing our ceremony at the Riu Palace and we are taking a bus to the Villa del Arco for the reception.

#34 LAUREN1980

LAUREN1980
        • 63 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:03 AM

Have you been working with Gretel at Del Arco? What has your experience been
          Lauren & Jr
          November 10, 2007
          Villa Del Arco!!!!

#35 A&P08

A&P08
          • 62 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

My fiance and I met with Gretel. She is very nice and very informative. She knows her stuff. But, she is not a wedding planner. She told us that she would give us details about wedding planners. She took us to all three hotels and we were able to see all the hotels and the rooms. We also sat down with her in the room with all the windows. She told us that we don't have to shut the music off at a certain time because it will be private. If you were getting married in Dreams or somewhere in Petregal then you would have to shut the music by 10:00pm. Stinks!! We are having the cocktail outside of that restaurant, but not on the pirate ship. I really liked it there. WHere are you having your ceremony?

#36 lightforce

lightforce
            • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

I have a question about Dreams or other all inclusives, what exactly does it include, and is it worth it? I have to sell this idea to my guests, as from the first look at close to 500 a night for 2 is expensive....

#37 cabobridey

cabobridey
              • 141 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

I have stayed at the Riu Palace, the Riu Santa Fe, and the Dreams.
                Out of those, the Dreams was my least fave. I was married at the Santa Fe.... LOVED it and would not have changed a thing!

#38 Kelly C

Kelly C
                • 2,051 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lightforce
                  I have a question about Dreams or other all inclusives, what exactly does it include, and is it worth it? I have to sell this idea to my guests, as from the first look at close to 500 a night for 2 is expensive....
                  that price seems awful steep. We are paying $1500 for 10 night at the Santa fe. I would do some price shopping. We love doing the AI's we stayed at the Melia Real. It was nice to stay but not much wedding atmosphere.
                  Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#39 jealousy88

jealousy88
                  • 116 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

Thanks everybody, these seem like great places to check out. I am so happy that i have found this site to help me plan my wedding!

Tiffany
                    Tiffany and Shawn, June 23rd, 2012

http://img.weddingco...v9jrxcyvk57.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users