Photo

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

• Please log in to reply
2103 replies to this topic

#321 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

Totally go early! It's nice to relax and have some quiet moments to prepare yourself. Plus I would think it would be rushed coming over with the guests. I remember during my wedding, they ran late and so when the boat docked, they rushed all the guests quickly off and to the ceremony site to start ASAP. I was thankful I had my DH (FI at the time!) with me there early, because we had originally planned on having them change at arrival. I don't think they would have much time with those original plans. Sometimes the boats run late... so just keep that in mind. :)

As for bugs, I didn't realize that that was even a concern! I don't think I saw one, which now that I think about it- it's kind of odd since it's all jungley. I would pack some just in case, but I highly doubt you would have to use it. Maybe they have seasonal hatches or something.

I wish I could comment on packages, but it's all different from when I was married.
    Happily married since 2008

#322 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

Oh and beautiful pictures Mrs. Rangel (sorry I don't know your name. ) I love the green on your table.... very fresh looking! Your dress fit you like a glove too. Very pretty!

#323 lesley_mexico_bride

lesley_mexico_bride
      • 230 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

I just put our deposit down for May 29,2011 and I am waiting for confirmation, ahhhhhh I'm so excited!!!!

#324 **Kat**

**Kat**
        • 2,682 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:07 PM

Congrats! You are going to LOVE Las Caletas!! And Kelley is SO awesome!

#325 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

we didn't have any problem with bugs at all. however i think it was spider mating season or something because apparently the spiders were out, but i saw one, and that is it.

i did, however, get ants stuck in the bottom tulle of my dress. (bottom couple inches) which i found totally hilarious. they were my little party crashers!

i have no idea about the packages now. they are different from when i got married. however, i would highly higly recommend going over in the morning with your girls. we had such a great time and it was the perfect way to start the wedding day. oh and we didn't plan anything, we just relaxed on the beach and swam and drank some beer. it was PERFECT

#326 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

and ate damn good food! mmmm... guacamole!

#327 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

ditto.

we had no bug problems at all either. we did have little sand crabs though! i didn't know about them until i found out that that is what entertained the kids the whole night!

#328 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
                • 1,213 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

I've been a couple of times and never noticed any bugs - I've only been in winter though. I'm stoked to be shooting there again in a couple of weeks, so I'll know more about what Caletas is like in June.

If anyone needs me to look into anything while I'm there just let me know...I'm more than happy to.

-n

#329 lesley_mexico_bride

lesley_mexico_bride
                  • 230 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hey Nathaniel, I just booked Las Caletas for 5/29/11 and saw your website. I love your work! Just emailed you too. Can't wait to hear from you, thanks!

#330 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,490 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

congrats on booking lesley, now onto the fun stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users