Jump to content

Photo

Biggest Destination Wedding Stress factor - what's yours?


  • Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#101 FutureMrsTO

FutureMrsTO
  • Newbie
  • 109 posts

    Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:38 AM

    I agree with everything you ladies said! I have a 12 person bridal party and 60 guests so far. My FI family is a little slow on making moves and its driving me crazy. My coworkers booked before his mother! I am also frustrated with the back and forth emails as well. My other stresses include the paperwork for legal ceremonies & getting my dress there (let alone finding the dress) its funny cause i am not usually stressed! Ah the joys of wedding planning right..

    But in the end ladies we are getting something the stay at home bride doesn't. A week long celebration with family & friends when other brides only get a couple of hours. Enjoy all your days ladies cause you deserve it!!!

    #102 carolina24

    carolina24
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,573 posts

      Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:27 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by FutureMrsTO
      I agree with everything you ladies said! I have a 12 person bridal party and 60 guests so far. My FI family is a little slow on making moves and its driving me crazy. My coworkers booked before his mother! I am also frustrated with the back and forth emails as well. My other stresses include the paperwork for legal ceremonies & getting my dress there (let alone finding the dress) its funny cause i am not usually stressed! Ah the joys of wedding planning right..

      But in the end ladies we are getting something the stay at home bride doesn't. A week long celebration with family & friends when other brides only get a couple of hours. Enjoy all your days ladies cause you deserve it!!!
      I couldn't even deal with all the crazy legalities so we're getting married here first...one less thing to worry about!

      #103 PetitRouge

      PetitRouge
      • Jr. Member
      • 174 posts

        Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:30 PM

        I think mine is the control factor. I really want everything to be perfect and trying to plan a wedding via e-mail is pretty stressful for me. I am so worried that so much of what I want is getting lost in translation. But I am trying to work on my deep breathing, and realize that a lot is just going to have to be done when we actually get to the resort!

        #104 LadyTrunck

        LadyTrunck
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,114 posts

          Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PetitRouge
          I think mine is the control factor. I really want everything to be perfect and trying to plan a wedding via e-mail is pretty stressful for me. I am so worried that so much of what I want is getting lost in translation. But I am trying to work on my deep breathing, and realize that a lot is just going to have to be done when we actually get to the resort!
          Just a quick note, PetitRouge- pretty much every bride on here says after the fact that they wish they would have stressed less, and that everything came together in the end. I feel your pain, so trust me, this is all that is keeping me sane!!
          Married to my BEST FRIEND!
          July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
          Non-Pro Pics:
          http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
          Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

          #105 JuneWeddingDreams

          JuneWeddingDreams
          • Banned
          • 313 posts

            Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by HereFishie
            I've heard from a few people that the WC's aren't really that interested in emails from brides when they're more than 3 mths away. I don't know if that makes you feel better but I'm hoping its true since I haven't heard from mine after my email to her and we're at 4.5-ish months away!

            That does make me feel better! I'm such a control freak - I need to ensure that everything is going as planned so this is really hard for me to just let things happen as they will. Thanks for the support :)
            Rob and Lindsey

            24 Booked + Bride and Groom

            www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

            #106 Kelitaw

            Kelitaw
            • Member
            • 512 posts

              Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:13 PM

              When I first saw this thread I thought - hmmm, I'm not really sure what my biggest stress is, so I'll wait to post anything. Now that we are about 4 months away from the big day and 2 months away from people needing to book their rooms I have found my biggest stressor: People not responding to the invites and people who said "Yes! we'll be there - we can't wait!" are now saying "I am so sorry but I am just not going to be able to make it." I completely understand that the economy is such that a trip to Belize may not work for everyone but having people back out is really a bummer

              #107 ddiinnyyeell

              ddiinnyyeell
              • Jr. Member
              • 226 posts

                Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:58 PM

                My biggest stress was the concern that we would lose track of people when we got down there. No one knew their room numbers before we left and obviously we couldn't use our cell phones. The resort was huge and I was super stressed someone would miss the rehearsal or wedding or reception or SOMETHING! We were really fortunate to have the resort basically to ourselves so we were always running into each other and spent a lot of time as a group. I'm glad my biggest stressed ended up being so insignificant. :)
                Danielle & John
                Aventura Spa Palace
                October 30, 2009

                Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

                #108 Jocy

                Jocy
                • Jr. Member
                • 209 posts

                  Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

                  I have another one to add!!

                  The resort raising their prices 6 weeks before our wedding date....AGHHHHHHHHHHH...

                  Not fun!!

                  Now we have to cut out our videographer and I'm beyond upset.

                  #109 carolina24

                  carolina24
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,573 posts

                    Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jocy
                    I have another one to add!!

                    The resort raising their prices 6 weeks before our wedding date....AGHHHHHHHHHHH...

                    Not fun!!

                    Now we have to cut out our videographer and I'm beyond upset.
                    oh no! what about your contract??

                    #110 CristiandJamie

                    CristiandJamie
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 445 posts

                      Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

                      I have the same stress that quite a few people have on this forum. My biggest stress is wanting to know if the people that said they are coming will book and actually show up. I have been lucky that no one has gaven me a guilt trip but at the same time I told people about a year or so before getting engage that when we get engaged we plan to have a DW.

                      My Aunt really wants to go but not sure if that will happen. Depending on how things go and our budget, I'm going to try to help her out if I can...

                      Also another stress is that my dad said he was going to ride down on a Harley to Mexico... I told him that he has to be joking and that it isnt safe (HE BETTER NOT DO THAT)! My dad use to work for the airlines so he can fly for free but on standby so he said that would be his last resort. I just told him buy a ticket to be on the safe side and if you dont want to I buy the ticket for him!
                      Cristi & Jamie
                      http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users