i am getting married in May and have started asking for quotes for decor, dj, etc. Do you guys find the prices are negotiable or it is what it is? they quoted me 1200$ for the arch which i find a little too much considering there are minimal flowers, but then again i have no idea how the pricing works! Also, when do you confirm everything you want for decor? a couple of months in advance, weeks or when you arrive? thank you ladies!
Look into getting married at the gazebo - it was gorgeous. I wouldn't have wanted a beach wedding - it was too hot to be in the sun that long without shade and the beach isn't super fine super soft sand, it's kind of rocky. They will upcharge you for everything - try to keep simple for cost savings. A lot of the extras you think you want, won't really be remembered.
Love your photos and dress ebecks! Looks like you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing. I originally was looking for a dress in the style you had (for a flow in the breeze) but fell in love with a different style (fit and flare).
Where did you get the shades done? Figuring out guest favors right now.
The sunglasses we ordered through 'shades of fun' - they turned out to be the cheapest for decent quality. We actually wear the sunglasses on a regular basis. We didn't put our names on them so maybe if others wanted to continue wearing them after the trip.
We did lanyards with our names and date which turned out nice. And plain beach bags which a lot of guests used. Along with some added snacks in our welcome bags. Also had how to share pictures with us, thank you notes, and a hangover kit with Tylenol, pepto tablets, bandaids, and gatoraid single powder packs.
Hi ladies, just wondering do you have to stay on the luxury size/adult only side of the resort to be eligible for the beach ceremony? And have you heard anything about the wind at the beach? I heard the gazebo weddings are always super windy, wondering if the beach is on a different side of the resort!
Has anyone done an outdoor reception on the beach? It was included in their google docs that they sent to my TA. Looks beautiful! Wondering what the cost would be compared to Pisces.
Are you doing the wedding planning with the travel agent or wedding coordinator? I suggest doing directly to the resort if you haven't figured that out already.
Pisces has changed - they are no longer the palm fran huts - it is now a white tent which is pretty but not as tropical as the older picture illustrate.
Beautiful pictures! My wedding will be somewhere between 30-50 people in May 2017. Just had a few questions!
1. Would you recommend any outside photographers or videographers as the hotels seem super expensive!
2. Do you need seating charts and table numbers? Or does everyone sit where they want at the Pisces?
3. Did anyone provide a dress code for men? Was reading there was some restaurants that's don't allow shorts.
4. What is the Max number of ppl before you have to get private reception?
5. Did anyone bring fake flowers? Would you recommend this over the resort?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. the photogs at the resort were awesome - the pricing is about the same as local so it was 100% worth it for me.
2. We didn't use seating charts and let everyone sit where they wanted - 43 poeple. you can choose how many tables and seats per table. No table number needed unless you want a seating chart - they do put menus on each table
3. Depends on the restaurant for pants / shorts
4. 49 people is the max for a "free dinner / reception" if you have 50 you need to go private.
5. I almost brought fake flowers but chose against it - i only had 1 bridesmaid - she got the free bouquet included and I chose an upgrade for around $130 US - it was gorgeous. see my gallery for picture. I just did the standard version because the deluxe was $255US. The standard was perfect and full of flowers.
glad I found this forum. I am planning my wedding at the GBP for April 4, 2017. I am having a hard time getting a response back from the wedding coordinator, in fact she has not responded to any of my emails or answered when my travel agent calls. I did however get a response from the manager at the resort to provide packages and pricing and let me know they had availability on my requested date. I responded back that I would like to go ahead and book now waiting on confirmation. How quickly did others get responses back? What is the next step?
Sometimes she took days or even a week when you first start planning. I suggest you email your questions / request in point form because they always seemed to answer every question this way by just answering each bullet in a different color.
Edited by ebecks, 21 January 2016 - 09:36 AM.