Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#4961 dutchess

dutchess
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

Vi

Hey Current Brides... I was just wondering...did you have to fax in your identification or did you actually have to courier out notarized copies of your birth certificates, passports, etc.  In the wedding package information, it says fax...but Vinnette (an assistant wedding planner) has told me that I need to courier the documents.  I have to admit, I'm a bit apprehensive to send over these official documents...especially since past brides have said that they never even looked at them when they were brought into the hotel.  I am also wondering if we get these documents back - because, quite frankly, I would want official documents that have all this information back in my possession.  Please let me know! I have been waiting to hear back from the assistant planner for over a week and a half now...and am getting quite antsy - as I don't want my date and time given away AGAIN!  Any info would help! Thanks!

Vinnette also told me courier only

#4962 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
    • 197 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by tram13 

Hey Current Brides...

I was just wondering...did you have to fax in your identification or did you actually have to courier out notarized copies of your birth certificates, passports, etc.  In the wedding package information, it says fax...but Vinnette (an assistant wedding planner) has told me that I need to courier the documents.  I have to admit, I'm a bit apprehensive to send over these official documents...especially since past brides have said that they never even looked at them when they were brought into the hotel.  I am also wondering if we get these documents back - because, quite frankly, I would want official documents that have all this information back in my possession.  Please let me know! I have been waiting to hear back from the assistant planner for over a week and a half now...and am getting quite antsy - as I don't want my date and time given away AGAIN!  Any info would help!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by dutchess 

Vi

Really??  Courier only?  I was told email was fine, but that was by Stephanie (not sure if she is there anymore as I only get replies now from Vinnette)  

I was also told that they don't need any of this info to be sent to them until 3 months before your wedding date.  I have everything ready for them, to be sent in January. Do I need to sent it earlier? 

Dutchess... have you priced out how much it would be to courier something to them? 

#4963 dutchess

dutchess
    • 120 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

No I didn't price the courier service yet, but the lawyer to notarize the copies is about 50 bucks

#4964 tram13

tram13
      • 80 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by soontobeawalsh 

Quote:

Hey Current Brides...

I was just wondering...did you have to fax in your identification or did you actually have to courier out notarized copies of your birth certificates, passports, etc.  In the wedding package information, it says fax...but Vinnette (an assistant wedding planner) has told me that I need to courier the documents.  I have to admit, I'm a bit apprehensive to send over these official documents...especially since past brides have said that they never even looked at them when they were brought into the hotel.  I am also wondering if we get these documents back - because, quite frankly, I would want official documents that have all this information back in my possession.  Please let me know! I have been waiting to hear back from the assistant planner for over a week and a half now...and am getting quite antsy - as I don't want my date and time given away AGAIN!  Any info would help!

Thanks!

Vi

Really??  Courier only?  I was told email was fine, but that was by Stephanie (not sure if she is there anymore as I only get replies now from Vinnette)  

I was also told that they don't need any of this info to be sent to them until 3 months before your wedding date.  I have everything ready for them, to be sent in January. Do I need to sent it earlier? 

Dutchess... have you priced out how much it would be to courier something to them? 

Yeah, Stephany told me that I could fax and it would be fine.  And, I've already done that with Stephany...but some how, they don't have my information and they didn't have my wedding date and time confirmed.  So, you can see why I am a bit more paranoid that I am going to actually lose my wedding date and time - again! (I've already been double booked on a previous date).  Vinnette told me that Stephany is no longer with them.  But you would think that for a resort that prides themselves on catering to weddings, they'd have a vast majority of these issues and discrepancies already ironed out...and a 1-800 #.  So, far, my experience hasn't been the best one. :-(

#4965 dutchess

dutchess
        • 120 posts

Ya an email would not be a notarized copy....no wonder stephany is gone. LOL.... I'm going to courier the notarized copies and then bring originals with me of the long version birth cert. I have short version but I will leave those at home. I am also sending mine in January.

#4966 dutchess

dutchess
          • 120 posts

Ya an email would not be a notarized copy....no wonder stephany is gone. LOL.... I'm going to courier the notarized copies and then bring originals with me of the long version birth cert. I have short version but I will leave those at home. I am also sending mine in January.

#4967 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
            • 197 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

No I didn't price the courier service yet, but the lawyer to notarize the copies is about 50 bucks

I dont have to worry about getting anything notarized.  I know a lawyer who notarized my stuff for free :)  One less thing to worry about!

#4968 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
            • 197 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yeah, Stephany told me that I could fax and it would be fine.  And, I've already done that with Stephany...but some how, they don't have my information and they didn't have my wedding date and time confirmed.  So, you can see why I am a bit more paranoid that I am going to actually lose my wedding date and time - again! (I've already been double booked on a previous date).  Vinnette told me that Stephany is no longer with them.  But you would think that for a resort that prides themselves on catering to weddings, they'd have a vast majority of these issues and discrepancies already ironed out...and a 1-800 #.  So, far, my experience hasn't been the best one. :-(

Oh no!  Hopefully you dont have anymore issues!  I do agree for a resort that does up to 3 weddings a day they shouldn't being giving out different information to everyone.  It is aggravating to say the least! 

#4969 bethann

bethann
            • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hi everyone, we are planning to get married April 2014. Where do I start? Should I go to a travel agent first? Sorry if I'm not posting this right but this is all new to me. Looks like a great site with plenty of info.

#4970 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
              • 197 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Your problems have me worried so I just emailed Vinnette to get confirmation on EVERYTHING that I had discussed previously with Stephany including my wedding date and time :s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users