Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#3211 AngelaandTrevor

AngelaandTrevor
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

There is only one place that does the swimming with the horses in Orcho Rios. My email is angeladoucette1@hotmail.com This site won't let me send any attachments. But I have the full list of all activities and pictures of it that I cant send you! They even had my daughter standing bare back on the horse in the water! It was the best experience that we had!

Angela

#3212 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
    • 335 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

I ordered from http://www.weddingli...com/index.html.  I bought the organza ones and loved them!

Originally Posted by pask454 

Thanks acw! That helps.  Does anyone have any websites to buy chair sashes on? I found one, not sure if its the safest/cheapest. Thanks

#3213 sbelland

sbelland
      • 47 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hey Ladies, 

Just wondering from experience if you needed to get your birth certificates notarized? We have gotten the full certificates with the fathers names on them but would love to save some money and just bring them with us with our passports instead of having them notarized. I would think that because they are issued from the government that it shouldn't be a problem but would love any input that you have. 

Thanks a bunch!

-Steph 

#3214 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

Thats where I got mine from as well.

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 

I ordered from http://www.weddingli...com/index.html.  I bought the organza ones and loved them!

#3215 tamandrob

tamandrob
        • 349 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:53 AM

I had a lot of catching up to do.... Congrats to all the new brides! Thank you all for the great reviews!!! We leave in 35 days and I can't wait! Most of my questions have been answered so thanks again! I am really glad to hear all the positive comments about Chandlyn and Donnalee.

Busybee - your review was so detailed, I loved it!!!! I took your advice and I am inquiring to see if the gazebo is available after the dinner. originally we were thinking of just hanging out and going to one of the bars.

Jaykay - You looked so beautiful!!! I am so sorry to hear about all the family drama I hope everything works out. I am glad to hear that the wedding went well! Aqua is one of my colours too, the gazebo looked great!

Erin - I loved all your great projects and the sign your dad made is so cute!!! Did your veil bug you because of the wind? and how was it with your hair half down?

Thanks again for all the great info!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#3216 erindegagne

erindegagne
          • 40 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

Tamandrob...The hair was fine half up and half down but yeah the veil was annoying, but it was only for a few minute. Depends what you want i guess but yeah it was blowing around the whole time.

#3217 tamandrob

tamandrob
            • 349 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for the info I don't think I will wear a veil, I think that would drive me crazy if it was blowing around!

Originally Posted by erindegagne 

Tamandrob...The hair was fine half up and half down but yeah the veil was annoying, but it was only for a few minute. Depends what you want i guess but yeah it was blowing around the whole time.

#3218 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
              • 335 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

We asked about that as well more than once and were told it was mandatory.  We ended up finding a place that did it for $20 and just did it.  We didn't have to give her the physical copies we brought with us when we arrived, as they had already had the ones we faxed. 

Originally Posted by sbelland 

Hey Ladies, 

Just wondering from experience if you needed to get your birth certificates notarized? We have gotten the full certificates with the fathers names on them but would love to save some money and just bring them with us with our passports instead of having them notarized. I would think that because they are issued from the government that it shouldn't be a problem but would love any input that you have. 

Thanks a bunch!

-Steph 

#3219 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
                • 335 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

I wore a veil and despite the wind (it was quite a windy day!) it sat quite nicely throughout the ceremony.  When I really enjoyed it was afterwards, as we were able to get some cool pics with it blowing in the wind!  

Originally Posted by tamandrob 

Thanks for the info I don't think I will wear a veil, I think that would drive me crazy if it was blowing around!

#3220 tamandrob

tamandrob
                  • 349 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the tip! I think I will get someone to bring it down for the pictures, I love the look of it in pictures and I saw a really cute picture with the bride and groom under the veil, I defiantly want to get one of those shots!

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 

I wore a veil and despite the wind (it was quite a windy day!) it sat quite nicely throughout the ceremony.  When I really enjoyed it was afterwards, as we were able to get some cool pics with it blowing in the wind!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users