Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

Thanks Erin,

Sorry, I meant to ask before, did you rent the Pisces just for the dinner or had you arranged to have your dancing, etc. there as well and did they include the DJ in the $1700, cause that would be excellent!!


 

Originally Posted by erindegagne View Post

Kim...the pisces was $1700 to book out and they didn't charge us any extra to have it in the dolce when it was raining. I was really surprised that they closed out the dolce just in case but i was definately glad they did!! The menu was the same as the dolce. We had the squash soup, penne, chicken and profiterols....all very good!!

 

Maddy... 45 would definately be comfortable in the gazebo im sure...its pretty big! I used merrick cousley for photography, he was amazing but he is not the resort photographer you can contact him via email (info@merrickcousley.com) he gets back to you very quickly and is amazing to work with. Raschel's email is makeupartistry1@hotmail.com

 

I did welcome bags for our guests, we had towels (striped in all colours) from walmart- they were $5 each. and we got insulated cups with straws for the same price from loblaws. it was a lot to bring down but definately worth it.

 

Not sure about buying rum down there, someone else may be able to help!

 

Hope that helps!!

Erin



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, that is soo awesome.  I emailed the WC this morning to see about getting it, if not we're going to go with the Dolce but really hoping for this!!!  What did you do for drinks, did you pay the $20pp for the bartender or was that included too?
 

Originally Posted by erindegagne View Post

yeah we rented it for dinner and dancing and that did include the dj!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question, not sure if this is something new or I've just never see it before.

We received a wedding invite from my finances Aunt for her wedding in May, which is also away but in Niagara Falls (about 4hr drive for us), so most people will probably book a room for the night, not an issue.  I look at the back of the reply card and it has a tag that says "Monetary wedding, No gifts please".  Now, I took this as we don't want gifts but give us money.  They are an older couple and she has been married before, so I can understand if they really don't need anything but isn't that what registry's are for, to register for what you do need.  Just thought it was a little bold asking for only money from guests and my other concern is that this wedding has been on and off about 3 times now.

 

 

On another note, totally scored some new luggage the other day, which I desperately needed!  Was at Costco and they had Heys TekLight  Lightweight Spinner 3 pc set for $199.99, awesome deal.  It has a 30", 26" and 21"; there is so much room in them and gonna come in so handy with wedding supplies.  Can't wait to try them out next month when we go to Costa Rica for a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great find Kim!

 

I didin't realize the wedding dinner at the Dolce cost money to rent. I thought it came included with the wedding package. Is the pisces pretty private? Do they have tables set up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was pretty much our situation. We both have been married before, we're 50+, and both had so much stuff when we moved in together 10 years ago added to all of the things we've purchased together over the last 10 years, we really didn't want gifts.  We considered a registry but there truly was nothing that we could have used. We didn't put anything on paper though, and from everything I read that isn't the proper etiquette to do. We put the word out through family that there weren't any gifts we needed and it just seemed to take care of itself. We did get quite a bit of money, but we also got a quite a few gift cards, one of which was a gift card for a romantic weekend getaway to Niagara on the Lake.  We thought that was an awesome idea.  We also got a couple of restaurant gift cards that we're really happy about. So there are ways to get around the "monetary" end of it. Our kids all live far away so for birthdays now instead of sending money we send a gift card. That way we know they use it on themselves instead of taking money and paying a bill with it or getting groceries or something.  The other thing to find out is if they're going on a honeymoon and instead of giving money we heard that you can put money on the honeymoon trip. As to the wedding being off and on, lol we went through all of that too, but only because we didn't end up with people to go to Jamaica. We tried doing a wedding here at home, but in the end we did what we really wanted, which was Jamaica by ourselves, and had a reception for about 30 people when we got home. I'm not sure I can recommend anything on that part except don't buy the gift until right before the wedding and take it with you in case it does get called off!  Best of luck!

 

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe View Post

Question, not sure if this is something new or I've just never see it before.

We received a wedding invite from my finances Aunt for her wedding in May, which is also away but in Niagara Falls (about 4hr drive for us), so most people will probably book a room for the night, not an issue.  I look at the back of the reply card and it has a tag that says "Monetary wedding, No gifts please".  Now, I took this as we don't want gifts but give us money.  They are an older couple and she has been married before, so I can understand if they really don't need anything but isn't that what registry's are for, to register for what you do need.  Just thought it was a little bold asking for only money from guests and my other concern is that this wedding has been on and off about 3 times now.

 

 

On another note, totally scored some new luggage the other day, which I desperately needed!  Was at Costco and they had Heys TekLight  Lightweight Spinner 3 pc set for $199.99, awesome deal.  It has a 30", 26" and 21"; there is so much room in them and gonna come in so handy with wedding supplies.  Can't wait to try them out next month when we go to Costa Rica for a week.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it doesn't cost money unless you're closing out the entire restaurant for the whole night. then it's $2500. if you're just having your dinner, there is no charge for it.

 

Originally Posted by pask454 View Post

Great find Kim!

 

I didin't realize the wedding dinner at the Dolce cost money to rent. I thought it came included with the wedding package. Is the pisces pretty private? Do they have tables set up?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally get that acw, and most people give money now a days anyway, including us.  Just thought it was a little abrupt and as you said, not proper etiquette, but it could gave been something new I just hadn't heard about.  Definitely think if we end up going that we'll hang on to whatever we decide to give until it actually happens..lol!  It hasn't just been the wedding that's been on and off, it's been the relationship, so that does make somewhat of a difference.

My FI and I are kind of in the same predicament with the registry, because we have both already lived on our own for a while and when we moved in together a few years ago we had duplicates of a lot of stuff, so we donated it to Goodwill; we kept the newer items but still most of it was hand-me-downs. So we're thinking that we'll upgrade on those items but other then that there really isn't anything that we need.  Gift cards are a great idea, (I do that for a lot of Christmas gifts, it's just easier) maybe I'll have to put the word out for that when the time comes.

Thanks
 

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

That was pretty much our situation. We both have been married before, we're 50+, and both had so much stuff when we moved in together 10 years ago added to all of the things we've purchased together over the last 10 years, we really didn't want gifts.  We considered a registry but there truly was nothing that we could have used. We didn't put anything on paper though, and from everything I read that isn't the proper etiquette to do. We put the word out through family that there weren't any gifts we needed and it just seemed to take care of itself. We did get quite a bit of money, but we also got a quite a few gift cards, one of which was a gift card for a romantic weekend getaway to Niagara on the Lake.  We thought that was an awesome idea.  We also got a couple of restaurant gift cards that we're really happy about. So there are ways to get around the "monetary" end of it. Our kids all live far away so for birthdays now instead of sending money we send a gift card. That way we know they use it on themselves instead of taking money and paying a bill with it or getting groceries or something.  The other thing to find out is if they're going on a honeymoon and instead of giving money we heard that you can put money on the honeymoon trip. As to the wedding being off and on, lol we went through all of that too, but only because we didn't end up with people to go to Jamaica. We tried doing a wedding here at home, but in the end we did what we really wanted, which was Jamaica by ourselves, and had a reception for about 30 people when we got home. I'm not sure I can recommend anything on that part except don't buy the gift until right before the wedding and take it with you in case it does get called off!  Best of luck!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×