Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

take your pictures with you! one of the other girls that used to be on here had her hair done very similar. she got married 2 days before we did in October, but her hair looked amazing!!

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

I had my hair trial the other day and fell in love with how my hairdresser did my hair.  She was supposed to be coming along with me to do my hair for my wedding, but unforseen circumstances have prevented that.  I'm really hoping the ladies at the spa can replicate it.

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

Hey Kim,

Im glad you wrote and said that your TA said it would be 1500 max! I am just starting out my wedding planning and am hoping to get married Feb 2013 (havent picked a date yet) and one of my choice was Gran Bahia Principe...but every time I look up the nice hotels, it comes to about 1800 or higher per person and that is way too much...so I hope its true that its only 1500 cause then I might have to choose this hotel! I would be flying out of Detroit as well!

Hey Linzy, 

When are you looking to get married? My package is flying out of Calgary for our wedding in June and our rates are about $450 cheaper for the one week and almost $1000 cheaper for the two weeks than what you were quoted. My TA is actually just outside of Edmonton if you want a second opinion. Also keep in mind that Mexico tends to be cheaper overall and the star level of the resort definitely affects prices, so although it is difficult try to only compare to other Jamaica prices. 

Originally Posted by cdnbridelinzy View Post

So we got our rates back from the TA and......eeekkkkk!!! $1955 for one week and $3200 for 2 weeks!!!!!!! This was ALOT more than we thought it would be, but the Fiance and I agreed that we would still pick this resort if it was $2000 or under, $2000  was our max.Our friends got married in mexico in May of 2011 and we paid $1800 for 2 weeks, so we are pretty worried that all of our same friends are going to be pretty upset about these rates(fingers crossed, the rates go down before we sent out invites!) Our TA is amazing and keeps us updated on everything, she says it may go down, but we cant book anything until mid feb because the airline may stop operating out of edmonton in 2013, so we will have to wait and see. I would just love to know now, so I can get started on my STD while I dont have a huge couseload for school. 

And congrats to all the brides with their weddings coming up, cant wait to hear all the details!

Linzy

For all of the ladies concerned about the pricing, take the time to shop around and talk to multiple different travel agents. We're travelling in January which is high season and have guests going from Ottawa and Toronto.  When we initially were shopping around about 10months ago, we were quotes rates from 1750-2100 for the one week all inclusive.  We shopped around and were able to get it for $1300 out of Toronto and $1400 out of Ottawa.  Also with certain group bookings you're also able to get a few guests free.  With Sunquest, you get one person free for every 11 you book!  Not a bad deal at all!  I would highly suggest shopping around...its definitely worth it!

So....only 3 more sleeps before we leave! I cannot believe it!  Feels like I've been on the forum and planning forever and a day!  I guess the time has finally come! Have a full 8hr day booked at the spa tomorrow, one last day for last minute packing, and then we're off!  Thanks so much to everyone on here for all of their advice, encouragement and tips along the way!  I couldn't have done it without you!  Will definitely be back with a review and pics if not before!  Happy planning for now! :)

Thanks BusyBee for the info about the pricing.  I do know that with Delta (which is who I believe we'd be flying) the a discount for groups based on the $ of the trip and a discount for the bride and groom, so much for every guest booked after a certain #.

Congrats to you and best wishes on your wedding, sure it will be beautiful  Can't wait to see pics and read your review!!

Have a safe trip.  I can't wait to peak at your wedding!! 

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

For all of the ladies concerned about the pricing, take the time to shop around and talk to multiple different travel agents. We're travelling in January which is high season and have guests going from Ottawa and Toronto.  When we initially were shopping around about 10months ago, we were quotes rates from 1750-2100 for the one week all inclusive.  We shopped around and were able to get it for $1300 out of Toronto and $1400 out of Ottawa.  Also with certain group bookings you're also able to get a few guests free.  With Sunquest, you get one person free for every 11 you book!  Not a bad deal at all!  I would highly suggest shopping around...its definitely worth it!

So....only 3 more sleeps before we leave! I cannot believe it!  Feels like I've been on the forum and planning forever and a day!  I guess the time has finally come! Have a full 8hr day booked at the spa tomorrow, one last day for last minute packing, and then we're off!  Thanks so much to everyone on here for all of their advice, encouragement and tips along the way!  I couldn't have done it without you!  Will definitely be back with a review and pics if not before!  Happy planning for now! :)

Enjoy your day at the spa! Best wishes on your wedding day and I am sure it will be amazing! I can't wait to read your review and see some great pictures when you return! I love hearing good reviews and see pics it always gets me super excited for my day!

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

Have fun!! Can't wait to see pictures!

I am getting my trip for about $1600...as there are no "deals" out for 2013 yet, and I cannot wait to book.

I also wanted to tell everyone I just ordered my wedding dress on-line!! I LOVE it...and am hoping when it arrives, it looks the same. I ordered from tidebuy.com, less thann $200, free shipping!  I have read mixed reviews...but I am the type that if something doesn't go right, I roll with it! I just wanted to share my awesome news with someone, all of you ladies are great!!!

Thanks JayKay!  Safe travels to you too!  I'm sure I'll cya down there! Pop by on the 11th...I'll be the one in white! lol! ;)  Love the hair!  Here's hoping they can replicate it! 

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

Have a safe trip.  I can't wait to peak at your wedding!!