Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

I love these bags, I may need to steal your idea.  I went to the dollar store and tote bags were $2, these are nicer and cheaper.  We are having a pre-departure party and giving away thank you bags before hand. 

Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post

We are doing a welcome excursion and OOT bags for our guests.  I can't wait to surprise everyone with everything!  A few weeks out we are sending a letter and luggage tags that I made to everyone to get them excited.

Our guests are arriving on Thursday and I'm trying to figure out how to get everyone their bags (I asked Bev/Chandlyn about it but haven't heard back yet).  Does anyone know how they are getting them to their guests?  I was hoping I could have the front desk hand them out or something but I'm not sure I trust leaving them at the front desk all day... 

But anyway so far we are have:

-Hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works

-Flip flops from Old Navy

-Flip Flop playing cards (7.99/dozen OT)

-Squirt guns

-Bubble Bath tablets

-Silly Bands in luau shapes (I know kinda dumb but at my bachelorette party we had a 'consultant' who showed us the latest toys..if you know what I mean...and she gave us silly bands in shapes of well...'parts' and it will be funny for them to get the bracelets in their bags)

-first aid kits, pepto, tylenol, etc

-Just started making our "Jamaica Facebook" which is a front and back page of pictures of everyone (thank you facebook!), name, relation to us, and where they traveled from.  I'm going to get them printed out and put one in each bag so everyone knows who is who.

-Passport Covers that I'm going to mae.  I got a sewing machine for xmas..bought super cute material..now it's just learning how to make them and finding time to get it all done!

-I ordered personalized OOT bags from Oriental Trading (24 bags for $29..not bad!)  Here is a pic: I love them!

jamaica OOT bags.jpg

Still hoping to get:

-Stadium Cups (prob going to order from Ebay)

-aloe

-face clothes or bath puffs

-key card holders (I got my BM's cute Coach ones but everyone is getting plastic ones...as cheap as I can find!)

-chap stick

-pashminas for the girls

-puzzle books & Pens

-also going to get some Jamaican postcards to stick in the bags, addressed to us with a stamp so that when we get home from our honeymoon, we'll have mail :)

On Friday we are taking everyone on a snorkeling cruise in Ochos Rios then off to Margaritaville for a bit.  We found a great tour from Jaital Tours and it was only $32 p/p, transportation from Resort included :)  So we also might put a disposable underwater camera in the bags...but not sure are going to be able to find them cheap enough.

Can't wait to hear everyone else's ideas!

I love these bags, I may need to steal your idea.  I went to the dollar store and they were $2 a bag and not as nice.

This is so frustrating! I just got an email back from Chandlyn today about this.  She said we need our long form birth certificates and they have to be notarized.  I think we will just pay the money and do it so that when we get down there everything is right.

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

I talked to Chandlyn on saturday march 5th-2011 and she told me I could use teh regular birth certficates and nothing had to been notarized.

that's what she goes by. the day I phoned down there before Bev left, she was talking to Chandlyn while I was on the phone and that's what she called her.

btw - did anyone catch the thing on the news last night (for GTA area brides) about the David's Bridal opening here?  pretty good actually and if you go to davidsbridal.ca they have a catalogue online. I have about 5 dresses picked out that I want to try because I know exactly what style I want, and they are all $50 bucks more than what I was looking at in NY. mind you, given what the dollar is at and the fact that gas is still cheaper in the good old US of A, it might still be worth going to Niagara for dresses, but the Davids here is definitely taking a pretty good run at trying to get the business!!!

Well, I was given a quote of $500.00 for the gazebo with d.j. I asked if we could bring our own music and buy booze from them without the bar and she said yes - it would be $250.00.  This is what she said - You may bring your own drink and music at the beach gazebo. The location will still attract a cost of US 250.

I was simply thinking of bringing my ipod docking station.  However, I asked her last week how much the bottles were to purchase and now she says $15.00 a person per hour after she had confirmed we could buy and make our own drinks???

I found this in the forum from another bride  - You can rent out the gazebo without the DJ for $250, just have to get the sound system set up seperatly (although I'm not sure what that means..) On another note, I confirmed with Beverly that you are able to purchase bottles of liquor for our reception in the beach gazebo and therefore would not need a bartender. She didnt say how much each bottle cost, but it has to be less then a bartender!!
I would deff say Vodka and Rum and some beer...youll need some mixes too. I might ask if they can set up a table so its a little more forma. I know when I went to cuba we payed the one bartender we got to know and he gave us full bottles and mixes for like $10...looks like we all need to charm some bartenders, lol had been inquiring about the DJ services to determine if we wanted to use the DJ or save the $250 and just do it ourselves...I asked what kind of music the DJ had and such and if we were to provide a song list or whatever.  She said that we should bring CDs of all the songs that we want and he would just play them.  Well...If we are going to do that...what is the stinking point of paying some guy $250 to push a play button!?!?

How does it work for the gazebo reception if we just buy alcohol from the resort instead of paying the $15p/p/hr for a bar to be set up?  The alcohol can be purchased from the resort, however the cost of USD15.00 pp per hour, comes with the service of your own bar tender.  The cost will then be applied separately 

so i;m asking Chandlyn to clarify this - I don't fully understand it.  She isn't really giving me the cost of the bottles yet but I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper than $30.00 a person.

as for this whole birth certificate thing, if she's gonna keep giving everyone different answers then just obviously keep all your emails from her, and take them down with you as proof that you were just doing as she said, and if there's something messed up it's her fault and she better fix it!  or cave and pay ALL that extra money to get it all done!

I sent her an email too asking about this let me know what she says to you and I'll let you know if she responds to me k sounds like a good plan LOL

Originally Posted by ames9782 View Post

i just wrote chandlyn another email regarding my concerns with everything we've been discussing on here, i'll let you know if i come up with a direct and "right" answer!