Photo

photographer dilemma

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jenv

jenv
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:56 PM

so my FI and i were talking last night about our photographer. we have one which is my cousins husband. he is really good but he also has a partner that he works with who does an amazing job and has won awards.my cousins husband is more of a landscape person and his partner only does wedding photos. my cousins husband thinks he's going to do it himself but my FI wants his partner to come so we can have amazing photo's. the problem is we don't know how to approach it. i told my FI he should deal with it cause i feel bad!! how should he approach it

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

How about you just say you want to make sure to capture everything so you would like two photographers. I think that is totally believeable. Especially getting ready photos where you could have one photographer with you and one with your FI.

#3 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
      • 573 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

Mybe you could ask both to take pictures. Lots of photographers work in pairs. Maybe you could suggest that you would really like to have both of them do the pictures so that no opportunities will be missed. That way you will be able to get more than one angle for the portraits. Good Luck

#4 lisa_k

lisa_k
        • 113 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

I agree. I think alot of photogs work in pairs so it would be really easy to say that you'd love it if both would take pics.

#5 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
          • 365 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

Also, you might want to suggest how difficult it is being a photographer AND a family member at a wedding. He might not have thought about how torn he might be trying to capture your day with photos and enjoy the day as your guest at the same time.

#6 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
            • 2,528 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

Yeah I like the two photogs idea... noones feelings get hurt, and you really won't miss ANYTHING!
              Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#7 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
              • 2,458 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ChristinaP
                Also, you might want to suggest how difficult it is being a photographer AND a family member at a wedding. He might not have thought about how torn he might be trying to capture your day with photos and enjoy the day as your guest at the same time.
                I was going to say pretty much the same thing. Just tell him that you would really like for him to be able to attend the wedding more as a guest so he'll be able to enjoy himself and spend time with your cousin and other family members as well. And that if he's the only photographer that just won't happen.

Do you think he's trying to do it all himself so it's less expense and he doesn't have to pay the second photographer?
                Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users