Photo

People invited with guests

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:05 PM

hmm its a difficult situation becasue if they go alone, the costs of accomodation (paying for a room all to themselves) are significantly higher than other guests..

In our case, we have lots of single friends going (and we mat most of them while travelling) so we are pairing (and tripling) up people to share accomodation to cut costs for them...

But if they are already a group of friends they should be able to sort accomodation out amoungst themselves.

I dont think there is anything wrong with just address the invite to them alone =- especially since they seem to be your mum's guests - not really yours...

Good luck!

#12 SSNM

SSNM
    • 675 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Well remember, that it is not the extra person coming to the resort that is the issue, it is just you accomodating them at your wedding. Your wedding is most likely one day out of the entire week so if the extra guest were to just fend for themselves the one day while your invitee was at your wedding, would that be so bad? Kinda like if I were going to a conference and had a friend join me and they just chilled on the resort while I was at the conference for a few hours a day, I don't think they would feel out of the loop.

Also with respect to the cost of the resort, they may not have to worry about this if they book with your TA (if you have one) and then just arbitrarily pair up people for cost purposes. Then when they are at the resort, they could sort actual room situations. I don't think the resort would be particular if people were "chilling" in other peoples rooms, for example; they don't have to know if is over night

#13 amandseth

amandseth
      • 218 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

For our AHR there were several invites sent out without the 'guest' option. Mostly cousins whom I know do not have significant others. However, we have had a couple come back to us and ask if it's ok if they bring one, and we've allowed it. At least they asked, right?
        Annie and Wes, 11.11.09, GRP

Grand Riviera Princess Review
        http://bestdestinati....-review-52769/Planning Thread http://bestdestinati....nscious-52815/

#14 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
        • 190 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

For the people invited they are allowed to bring a guest, that guest can't attend the wedding, but more than welcome to come and hang out at the resort. I figured they would be ok for a couple of hours or at least till the dancing starts at the reception.

#15 buckain

buckain
          • 37 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

I was just planning on allowing the "plus 1" option... it's their vacation too... and if that means that people special to my mom and family can be there, then i will buy the plus 1 a dinner... I know it adds to tyhe cost, but if there are only a few plus ones that will actually come... then to me it's not worth stressing over, or offending anyone for 100-200 bucks... jus my 2 cents... but, as always, its YOUR wedding, and you can do whatever you want, people will either come or they won't if they disagree... just depends if you *want* them there, then you might try to accomidate them more if you do...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users