Photo

Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#571 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:52 AM

her name is lynda Halliday (google it and you will get her website and info)..
    Yes, you get your marriage license at a registry here prior to your legal ceremony(they are only valid for so many days, I want to say 60 - i think we got ours on a tuesday and got married on the thursday).. then you go get married, and if you use lynda she sends in everything for you so by the time you get back from your wedding and honeymoon your marriage will be registered and you will be able to go in to a registry and order your marriage certificate (takes two days).
    For down in mexico you dont need anything if you are having a symbolic wedding. I just talked to my wedding planner and let her know that we were doing a 'symbolic' wedding but wanted it to look 'real'. She said she would take care of it and provide certificates etc for us to sign to make it look real.
    Does that make sense?

#572 CaraW

CaraW
    • 346 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

Yes! Thank you!!

#573 KRama

KRama
      • 421 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

Still jealous of those arms Nadine. I have a little over 3 weeks to get mine to look like that! haha

Time's really ticking away now! Lots to do! Bridal Shower #1 is on saturday. I was updating my registry and I hate that I can see what's already been purchased! Well, hate AND love because I see we got the Dyson vacuum that we desperately needed. WHOOP WHOOP!

#574 CaraW

CaraW
        • 346 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

Agreeed! I have to work my butt off to get my arms to look like that, it's crunch time. LOL

And I know what you mean, I hate that I can see what's been purchased also. I want to be surprised!
          I'm having my shower on Sunday. :) Can't wait.

#575 kris

kris
          • 506 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Wow haven't been on here in FOREVER! Congrats ladies....bridal showers are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!

#576 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

I think we should plan a get together one of these weekends to go for happy hour drinks or something? I know weekends fill up fast in the summer ( i think i have something every weekend starting next weekend until mid august ) but we could even try like a thursday or something? anyone up for that?

#577 MayanLily

MayanLily
              • 316 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

I'd totally be up for that. I'm all about summertime drinks on a patio!

Soooo I was thinking I wasn't going to register anywhere just because people were traveling so far for the wedding, I don't really expect many gifts but I never really thought about the shower. Did everyone register somewhere? Nadine & Kris did you get many gifts.....
                Aly

#578 MayanLily

MayanLily
                • 316 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

oh I just re-read my post and i sound so greedy LOL I actually didn't even think about presents... i swear :P
                  Aly

#579 CaraW

CaraW
                  • 346 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

You don't sound greedy!! lol
                    We registered because our family wanted to buy us gifts and were asking where we were registered. We've registered at the bay and home outfitters.

Nadine, I would love to go for drinks sometime!Great idea. Weekends will be packed for me from now until when we leave for our wedding.

Cara

#580 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                    • 5,466 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

We never registered.. I actually didnt even want a shower b/c I didnt want people spending money on us when they were already coming to mexico. But my mom threw me a surprise shower so I had one regardless and it was fun. She must have given them all ideas of things we would want or need so we made out well.
                      As for wedding gifts, we were actually really surprised. I think we got a gift from everyone that came to our wedding except two couples?? And we had 62 people at our wedding. And then outside of that, we got probably another 20 gifts from people who couldnt come. We really werent expecting anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users