Jump to content

Photo

Calgary Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1771 Lovesnick

Lovesnick
  • Newbie
  • 19 posts

    Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

    RNtoBe

    Thanks for sharing this! I am wanting to buy a second hand cheap dress for my trash the dress photos, and I am thinking the selection will probably be pretty sparse at second hand stores. I will definitely check this place out!



    #1772 Lovesnick

    Lovesnick
    • Newbie
    • 19 posts

      Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

      Originally Posted by KristieT 

      Hi Ladies!

       

      I am planning my wedding at  Beach Palace for April or May 2013- Right now I am trying to confirm pricing. A reasonable price for my guests is most important to me. Any recomendations in regards to Travel Agents, AMA, Flight Centre? 

       

       

      KristieT

      I am using Crowfoot AMA and they have been great so far. Quick to respond, and really great service. I agree with everyone's comments about Air Canada, with the little experience I have. For a few weeks, apparently they were considering cancelling direct flights to Cancun...it didn't end up happening, thank goodness! But my travel agent was prepared to switch everyone's flights over, and do all of the work. Lots of stress off my back.

      I was initially working with Romantic Planet vacations but felt they were extremely slow to respond and provide information. So much so that I started booking with AMA, and got a random email 1.5 months later from Romantic Planet saying they hadn't heard from me.....AMA is much more personal!!



      #1773 FireyNurse

      FireyNurse
      • Jr. Member
      • 389 posts

        Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

        Originally Posted by Lovesnick 

        RNtoBe

        Thanks for sharing this! I am wanting to buy a second hand cheap dress for my trash the dress photos, and I am thinking the selection will probably be pretty sparse at second hand stores. I will definitely check this place out!

        Lovesnick, if you are looking for an inexpensive second dress and Novia Mia doesn't have a sale or what you are looking for you can also check Vespucci, its a huge consignment store in Calgary and they often have a bunch of wedding dresses. I don't know what the styles are like or prices but I have seen them in there, so it might be worth a peak. It is on Elbow drive and Heritage in the South.

         

        Cheers!

        Charity



        #1774 KristieT

        KristieT
        • Jr. Member
        • 430 posts

          Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

          Originally Posted by Lovesnick 

          RNtoBe

          Thanks for sharing this! I am wanting to buy a second hand cheap dress for my trash the dress photos, and I am thinking the selection will probably be pretty sparse at second hand stores. I will definitely check this place out!

          Hi Ladies,

           

          I too was looking for a TTD dress. I stopped by Novia Mia on Friday- they do have a bunch of their sample gowns they are selling off for $300 but they were all too big for me. Smallest size was 8 bridal and it was still huge on me. Im a street size 4-5

           

          I have been on the hunt for my second dress and am running out of options.. I might order from online?



          #1775 KristieT

          KristieT
          • Jr. Member
          • 430 posts

            Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

            Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

            Lovesnick, if you are looking for an inexpensive second dress and Novia Mia doesn't have a sale or what you are looking for you can also check Vespucci, its a huge consignment store in Calgary and they often have a bunch of wedding dresses. I don't know what the styles are like or prices but I have seen them in there, so it might be worth a peak. It is on Elbow drive and Heritage in the South.

             

            Cheers!

            Charity

            Charity- just read this! I will try Vespucci. I have been there i just to consign some clothes there. Good idea



            #1776 RNtoBe

            RNtoBe
            • Jr. Member
            • 255 posts

              Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

              I've also used Carmen's Stitches (Adriana's mom) for alterations on a bridesmaids dress. Her prices are pretty reasonable and I had zero issues with the dress but I recommend being very clear when explaining what you want.  I will probably use her for my wedding dress for small alterations. She is located in Country Hills area.



              #1777 FireyNurse

              FireyNurse
              • Jr. Member
              • 389 posts

                Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

                Originally Posted by RNtoBe 

                I've also used Carmen's Stitches (Adriana's mom) for alterations on a bridesmaids dress. Her prices are pretty reasonable and I had zero issues with the dress but I recommend being very clear when explaining what you want.  I will probably use her for my wedding dress for small alterations. She is located in Country Hills area.

                 

                Great to know! What exactly do you mean when you say "be very clear" ? I have my alterations for my wedding dress scheduled with her (because I didn't know anyone else to do it) and its scheduled for Nov 5. I am SO nervous to have my dress altered but it has to be because it doesn't fit 100%, in general its taking in the sides, putting on a belt and doing the bustle.

                 

                Thanks!



                #1778 RNtoBe

                RNtoBe
                • Jr. Member
                • 255 posts

                  Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

                  Make sure you are clear about exactly what you want, she usually writes everything down. I recommend repeating it just to make sure you are both on the same page. She is a very nice lady and her work is great. 



                  #1779 FireyNurse

                  FireyNurse
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 389 posts

                    Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

                    Originally Posted by RNtoBe 

                    Make sure you are clear about exactly what you want, she usually writes everything down. I recommend repeating it just to make sure you are both on the same page. She is a very nice lady and her work is great. 

                    Perfect! Thanks for the tip!



                    #1780 Lovesnick

                    Lovesnick
                    • Newbie
                    • 19 posts

                      Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

                      Hey ladies.

                      I have yet to order my travel mugs for my OOT bags, and was wondering if there was anyone who would like to share shipping or make up a minimum order count? I want plain non customized mugs, have a few in mind from www.discountmugs.com, and www.promopays.ca. Thought we might as well try to save together! PM me if you have some suggestions/thoughts!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users