Jump to content

Photo

Calgary Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1691 romanticplanet

romanticplanet
  • Newbie
  • 1 posts

    Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

    Hi aquamaniac! It's nice to 'meet' you. :-)

     

    I represent Romantic Planet Vacations and wanted to let you know that Brenda Palmer is in no way affiliated with our agency. It appears she works on her own from home for another agency. Please advise to me as soon as possible if she is misrepresenting herself, because of course, we would only want you to have the highest standard of service for which our agency offers and nothing less.

     

    Thank you.

     

    Laurie



    #1692 luvmoo

    luvmoo
    • Member
    • 503 posts

      Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

      Hey Ladies, 

       

      I am getting married February, 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica :) The travel agent we used was AMA Travel in Crowfoot.. they had the best package prices ( and trust me.. i checked like 5 or 6 travel agents before i chose this one) and the cool thing is. you don't even have to be an AMA member! :)

       

      My only concern right now, is that i have not even begun to look at wedding dresses.. nevermind get one ordered, and we are only 7 months away! so now i am starting to feel a bit panicked! hahah 

      I am hoping that you ladies can help me out with some ideas of bridal shops here in Calgary that are good, with some nice but affordable dresses... I am not wanted to spend 1000.00 or even close to that on a dress... I am thinking like 500 at the most.. if i can... 

       

      anyone have any ideas? :)

       

      Thanks!

       

       



      #1693 star18

      star18
      • Jr. Member
      • 201 posts

        Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

        Check out Mena's bridal boutique, she has lots of selections and probably something in that price range.



        #1694 luvmoo

        luvmoo
        • Member
        • 503 posts

          Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

          Thank you so much star! i will call them tomorrow :) 



          #1695 star18

          star18
          • Jr. Member
          • 201 posts

            Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

            Other places to try are any smaller stores:

             

            Alfred young

            Lovely bridal

            Heavenly bridal

             

            to name a few...good luck! :)



            #1696 pbrozek

            pbrozek
            • Site Supporter
            • 75 posts

              Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:58 AM


              I'm also getting married on Feb 2012! I got my dress at Ethos on 17th ave for $600. Not too shabby as my budget was $500 also. They said that it was going to take 6 months to get in and I ordered it back in March, so I should be getting it by the end of the summer. I think I'm going to have the krynalin from the bottom of the dress removed, but I haven't decided yet....

               



              Hey Ladies, 

               

              I am getting married February, 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica :) The travel agent we used was AMA Travel in Crowfoot.. they had the best package prices ( and trust me.. i checked like 5 or 6 travel agents before i chose this one) and the cool thing is. you don't even have to be an AMA member! :)

               

              My only concern right now, is that i have not even begun to look at wedding dresses.. nevermind get one ordered, and we are only 7 months away! so now i am starting to feel a bit panicked! hahah 

              I am hoping that you ladies can help me out with some ideas of bridal shops here in Calgary that are good, with some nice but affordable dresses... I am not wanted to spend 1000.00 or even close to that on a dress... I am thinking like 500 at the most.. if i can... 

               

              anyone have any ideas? :)

               

              Thanks!

               

               



               



              #1697 Lasallebabe

              Lasallebabe
              • Site Supporter
              • 154 posts

                Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

                Another good find Calgary brides....I was in the new Bath and Body Works in Southcentre tonight. They have a clearance on many items...75% off. Funny enough they had cases of scented room spray----I think about 2 ounces. Nice looking bottles---sort of aluminum and different scents. Regular price close to $7 each...I got most for $1.25.  I was going to include some sort of room deodorizer as I've read lots of comments about the humid musty smell in some of the rooms...this is perfect! I also stopped in Dollarama on Macleod Trail and picked up Advil tubes (10 count) for $2.00....it was a very production night for the old Welcome Bag project!



                #1698 luvmoo

                luvmoo
                • Member
                • 503 posts

                  Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

                  That's awesome!!!! Yeah I also found Bath and Body works to be awesome!!! I was at the one in Southcentre last weekend and they had the small travel size lotions on.. 3  different scents.. for 1.00 per bottle!! needless to say i snatched up 40 of those bad boys!! ;) and they smell great!! i didn't notice the room sprays.. which is too bad, cause thats a great idea! 

                   

                  I am still debating on the advil bottles for 2.00.. i have to buy 35 of them, so i was thinking of ordering online the individual packages.. but the jury is still out on that one ;)
                   

                  Originally Posted by Lasallebabe 

                  Another good find Calgary brides....I was in the new Bath and Body Works in Southcentre tonight. They have a clearance on many items...75% off. Funny enough they had cases of scented room spray----I think about 2 ounces. Nice looking bottles---sort of aluminum and different scents. Regular price close to $7 each...I got most for $1.25.  I was going to include some sort of room deodorizer as I've read lots of comments about the humid musty smell in some of the rooms...this is perfect! I also stopped in Dollarama on Macleod Trail and picked up Advil tubes (10 count) for $2.00....it was a very production night for the old Welcome Bag project!



                   



                  #1699 luvmoo

                  luvmoo
                  • Member
                  • 503 posts

                    Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

                    Beautiful dress Pbrozek!!! I found my dress last weekend!!! at a place on 16th ave called golden brides.. :) i am sooooo happy that part is over!! heheh and it wasn't as painful as i thought it would be :) I was able to get it for 629.00 after taxes..599.00 before.. so not bad!! :)

                     

                    Thanks for all of your advise and suggestions ladies!!! :)
                     

                    Originally Posted by pbrozek 


                    I'm also getting married on Feb 2012! I got my dress at Ethos on 17th ave for $600. Not too shabby as my budget was $500 also. They said that it was going to take 6 months to get in and I ordered it back in March, so I should be getting it by the end of the summer. I think I'm going to have the krynalin from the bottom of the dress removed, but I haven't decided yet....

                     

                    043.JPG
                     



                     



                     



                    #1700 pbrozek

                    pbrozek
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 75 posts

                      Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:55 AM

                      Thanks!!!

                       

                      Quote:

                      Originally Posted by luvmoo 

                      Beautiful dress Pbrozek!!! I found my dress last weekend!!! at a place on 16th ave called golden brides.. :) i am sooooo happy that part is over!! heheh and it wasn't as painful as i thought it would be :) I was able to get it for 629.00 after taxes..599.00 before.. so not bad!! :)

                       

                      Thanks for all of your advise and suggestions ladies!!! :)
                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users