Photo

Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1431 pamphilia

pamphilia
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

i am missing my e-ring too!  we leave for the wedding one week today - and i left it to the last minute to be re-plated!  they are promising that it will be ready on friday.  IT BETTER BE!

...and, today is my legal day!  the commissioner will be at my house in 3 hours and we are so excited.  we are trying not to feel too "weddingy", but the feeling sneaks up on you!  not a single soul in our family knows about it.  we are having some friends who couldn't make it to the wedding witness for us.  but it is all very hush hush :)

i doubt i will be able to make it on the 2nd, as it is the day after we get back - but have fun gals!

-Almost Mrs. B

~pam

#1432 Lindslou

Lindslou
    • 187 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

Congrats on your legal day Pam!!!  Mine is next weekend and I'm starting to get excited about it.  I was just at Connie's today and we were talking about you and your dress.  I sure have been happy with her and what she has done to my dress!!!  Such a sweet lady :)  Can't wait to hear about your legal day and of course the wedding.  Who is your commissioner? 

Originally Posted by pamphilia 

i am missing my e-ring too!  we leave for the wedding one week today - and i left it to the last minute to be re-plated!  they are promising that it will be ready on friday.  IT BETTER BE!

...and, today is my legal day!  the commissioner will be at my house in 3 hours and we are so excited.  we are trying not to feel too "weddingy", but the feeling sneaks up on you!  not a single soul in our family knows about it.  we are having some friends who couldn't make it to the wedding witness for us.  but it is all very hush hush :)

i doubt i will be able to make it on the 2nd, as it is the day after we get back - but have fun gals!

-Almost Mrs. B

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#1433 lsmith211

lsmith211
      • 168 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:17 AM

Congrats on your legal day Pam - and have a great time next week!!! 

#1434 proti007

proti007
        • 467 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

A question for all of the Calgary ladies...is anyone LEGALLY getting married at their destination, or is everyone getting married here beforehand?

#1435 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
          • 172 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

Congrats Pam - you must be so happy today!  I can't wait until my legal day.

I am glad we can all make it for the 2nd - I will make a reso for 6PM at O lounge!

See you all soon :)

#1436 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
            • 172 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

Oh and Nat - yes I am getting married before I leave!

#1437 lsmith211

lsmith211
              • 168 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:55 AM

I'm legally getting married in Jamaica - the requirements are way easier than other places - like we don't need the blood test or the 4 days in the country like you do in Mexico, plus all the paperwork is in english, so nothing needs to be translated after the fact

#1438 pamphilia

pamphilia
                • 362 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for all of the congrats everyone!  It was really lovely!  We used Maxean Brigley as our commissioner as she was fantastic!  She was so sweet.  She lives in Cochrane, but will come to Calgary with no travel costs.  And her rate is the lowest I have come across ($150).  We told her we wanted something very simple, no ring exchange.  We really didn't want to do any vows, but she did some simple ones up for us, and they were beautiful - I am happy we did them.  We celebrated with champagne and sushi with our witnesses....and here I am, a married woman!

Linds - I am so glad to hear that you are happy with Connie!  She is very sweet.

Originally Posted by Lindslou 

Congrats on your legal day Pam!!!  Mine is next weekend and I'm starting to get excited about it.  I was just at Connie's today and we were talking about you and your dress.  I sure have been happy with her and what she has done to my dress!!!  Such a sweet lady :)  Can't wait to hear about your legal day and of course the wedding.  Who is your commissioner? 

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by pamphilia 

-Almost Mrs. B

~pam

#1439 pamphilia

pamphilia
                  • 362 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

Totally going out on a limb here ladies....but are there any of you who have either fuschia or orange votive holders that you wouldn't mind leasing out before your weddings?

I was totally let down by a company that I ordered some stuff from.  They said that the item had shipped, but it actually wasn't even in stock.  So here I am, 4 days from departure - and I have no votive holders!

Just thought I would check, thanks!

~pam

#1440 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
                    • 661 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hey Ladies,

Just wanted to let those of you know that are planning on doing OOT bags.......I found pashmina's at Ardene at CrossIron Mills and they are now on sale for $5.00 each or 3 for $15.00. This is a really good deal as I have been watching them for a while and they have never gone lower then 2 for $14.00.  I just went there and picked up 20 pashminas, turquoise and black for the women coming to my wedding. There were alot of colours to choose from and they are very soft so go pick some up asap if you are wanting to put them in your oot bags.....lol

Just thought I would let you know ........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users