Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Hi All!!!

 

So I was recently informed by my mother that I absolutely MUST be married by a conservative rabbi... apparently, a reformed one just won't do. I have been googling the hell out of this for the last couple of weeks, but can't seem to get anywhere. I have heard rumors that there are some in Mexico City, but I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I would really like an English speaking one so that I can communicate with him before the wedding about what we want and don't want in our ceremony, who we are, etc. Also, if anyone knows any conservative rabbis in the northeast that would be willing to make the trip down, I am more than open to that too! HELP!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it you do not have a rabbi in Ny? I would suggest having your religious ceremony at home and your wedding away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalitInNY View Post
Hi All!!!

So I was recently informed by my mother that I absolutely MUST be married by a conservative rabbi... apparently, a reformed one just won't do. I have been googling the hell out of this for the last couple of weeks, but can't seem to get anywhere. I have heard rumors that there are some in Mexico City, but I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I would really like an English speaking one so that I can communicate with him before the wedding about what we want and don't want in our ceremony, who we are, etc. Also, if anyone knows any conservative rabbis in the northeast that would be willing to make the trip down, I am more than open to that too! HELP!!!!
i don't mean to come across mean, but i don't know how else to word this question! why does your mother get any say in your wedding day? unless you agree too, of course - but this is YOUR day, and you call the shots! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
I take it you do not have a rabbi in Ny? I would suggest having your religious ceremony at home and your wedding away
FI and I aren't very religious and our parent's rabbis are a little too religious to make the trip. Basically, the problem is that the wedding will have non-kosher food which is a pretty big no-no among the jews. As far as having our religious ceremony at home, we really wanted to have the ceremony on the beach be the "the one," you know? We aren't even telling ANYONE about our NY civil wedding because we don't want it to take away from the DW in Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
i don't mean to come across mean, but i don't know how else to word this question! why does your mother get any say in your wedding day? unless you agree too, of course - but this is YOUR day, and you call the shots! :)
That's not mean at all! I guess I should specify that I am Israeli, so its more of a cultural thing than a religious thing. FI and I always wanted a jewish wedding, but we didnt care what "degree"... any Rabbi would have been good. Plus my family, and especially my parents, have been sooo incredibly supportive about a DW... more than I ever imagined. I just know that it would mean so much to my parents that we have a wedding that was recognized by their faith and our family in Israel. It's definitely more than just an obligation on my part... it's a way to honor my parents and the way they raised me...

Last but not least - have you ever experienced jewish mother guilty? It's the stuff legends are made of! smile35.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalitInNY View Post
That's not mean at all! I guess I should specify that I am Israeli, so its more of a cultural thing than a religious thing. FI and I always wanted a jewish wedding, but we didnt care what "degree"... any Rabbi would have been good. Plus my family, and especially my parents, have been sooo incredibly supportive about a DW... more than I ever imagined. I just know that it would mean so much to my parents that we have a wedding that was recognized by their faith and our family in Israel. It's definitely more than just an obligation on my part... it's a way to honor my parents and the way they raised me...

Last but not least - have you ever experienced jewish mother guilty? It's the stuff legends are made of! smile35.gif
that makes all teh sense in the world! i just wasn't sure if it was something that was being forced on you - and it doesn't sound like it is. i just wish i could help you find what you need!

lol - i'll have to take your word on the jewish mother thing ... !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ann! By the way, I have to tell you I just watched your slide show again because I was trying to figure out the name of one of the songs on there (when you say nothing at all) and I got all teared up all over again... your wedding pictures are so beautiful and perfect... I felt like I was there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalitInNY View Post
Thanks Ann! By the way, I have to tell you I just watched your slide show again because I was trying to figure out the name of one of the songs on there (when you say nothing at all) and I got all teared up all over again... your wedding pictures are so beautiful and perfect... I felt like I was there!
Awww - thank you! I love it - I keep watching it too! I have to give credit to Leigh - she did an amazing job. I can't wait to see the rest of my pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • 123weddingcards.com believes in offering soothing and elegant wedding invitations that are available in exquisite designs to complement the style of bride and groom on their wedding day. Our designer wedding cards are highly premium & come with attractive design. Laser Cut Invitations Foil Stamped Invitations Embossed Invitations Glitter Invitations Floral Invitations Peacock Invitations Box Invitations Paisley Invitations Our ultimate goal is to provide the best and impeccable high-quality designs to unite your love with eternal memories by using diverse printing options like embossing, flocking, raised silk screen printing, hot foil stamping, and laser cuttings, to give a new multifaceted look to wedding invitations.  
    • The amazing destination for couples Vietnam is a very beautiful destination for newlyweds. The country is very diverse in terms of culture, nature, city, ethnic ... So come to Vietnam, you will experience all that you like from rural, modern, luxurious with low cost. Newlywed couples are eager to have a wonderful honeymoon without a problem abroad. However, the visa will be a surprise factor that can ruin the trip at any time.  To make sure that everything is ok, please contact us at our company. HGTECH specializes in providing services related to visa, passports, emergency ID, booking air tickets, booking ... Please contact us for a free visa consultation. and related issues. HGTECH INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND TRADING COMPANY
      Providing services related to the field of visa, passports, emergency CMT, booking air tickets, booking ...
      Head office: 39 An Trach 1, Dong Da Dist. Hanoi
      Hotline: 0989.496.239 - Mobile: 0243.7326.897
      Email: visa.vn55@gmail.com// info@hgtech.vn
      Website: http://www.visavietnamsupport.com/  
    • Hi I just want to tell you that you don't have to worry about any arrangement for your sister marriage. So many websites are available in the market whose helping you for choosing the beautiful flower arrangement for your sister marriage. You can go to some good websites and solve your problem regarding flower arrangement for your sister marriage.  My brother was getting marriage in last month, I was also facing this problem on that time. I have been searching so many websites that have helped me to getting  wedding arrangement. One of the websites was Asian Venue Guide which helped me for selecting a beautiful flower for reception hall as well as for stage also. I hope this helps you also 
    • look like Is really amazing cloth bag.I like it
    • Hi all, My younger sister is 5 months carrying. She is suffering from hearing loss now. She was perfectly alright before she got conceived. But once she got conceived her hearing ability started getting reduced. Is it quite common now? What would be the reason for hearing loss during the pregnancy period? After scanning the doctor said that the baby is underweight. Since she is suffering from severe vomiting, she is not eating any food. Hence she seems to be very weak. The doctor has prescribed a lot of medicines for her to stay healthy and to deliver a healthy baby. In the midst of all these she is also undergoing the treatment under a hearing aid audiologist in order to improve her hearing ability. Will she completely regain her hearing ability?
  • Topics

×