• 1,748 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

Done!!!! Let me know how it goes!!!!

#52 beachbum21

beachbum21
    • 438 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hi torilynnsmith!

Thanks very much for the referral :) I spke with the TA today and so far so good! Will keep ya posted!

#53 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

Oh I am so glad! Hopefully she helps you out!!!

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

Hi torilynnsmith!

Thanks very much for the referral :) I spke with the TA today and so far so good! Will keep ya posted!

#54 aquamaniac

aquamaniac
        • 239 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

I was being convinced on another thread not to use a TA, this thread is convincing me to use one. My question is, can anyone recommend a good TA in the Calgary, AB area?

Thanks!

#55 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

Note to my brides out there..... find out your TAs travel schedule, since booking our TA has been away 2 or 3 times for a week at a time and we only have 90 days for all our guests to book.  My FMIL was NOT impressed that all their side of the family was calling saying they couldn't get through and book.  Spoke to her today so hopefully everything sorts itself out but just another "tip" I wish I knew to ask before committing.... ugghhh can't wait for February when this is all over!!!

#56 islandbride8

islandbride8
            • 315 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

At this point I'm convinced that if you have a smaller party, a TA isn't worth it.  i didn't want a TA, but several guests were asking me if i had one and that it would be easier if i did, ect.  finally i broke down and got one.  her prices were higher than expedia or apple, although she did offer price matching.  the reason i say it's not worth it is b/c they don't do anything extra except book the trip (atleast not mine).  but that is all i expected, so i'm not sure what else they would do.  if you do decide to get one, i would talk to them before booking about when to expect your travel documents.  my guests and i fly out this week and just received our travel documents today.  final payments were made a while ago and i've been a basket case waiting on the papers!  not what you want to be doing a week before your wedding.  also, some guests were given seating assignments, others have to wait to get to the airport to see what seats are left.  definately left a bad taste in my mouth.  just know what you're getting into and unless you have a huge guest list to accomodate, i'd say definately NOT worth the hastle!

#57 pose travel

pose travel
              • Banned
              • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hi there,

I have a travel agency in Canada called Pose Travel that specializes in Destination Weddings, we are unlike the rest as our aim is to find the lowest prices available for group travel. I would be more than happy to arrange a conference call to discuss your options?

#58 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
                • 402 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

I really think it comes down to how many ppl are going. Less ppl less stress. If I had more than 11 I would prob be throwing around the same Q.

#59 Peach

Peach
                  • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Does she specialize in weddings in a particular location?

I am really looking for someone who is Canadian.

Originally Posted by JenK 

A TA has been vital for me-to answer all of my questions and to help me with looking for the best rates! I am working with Becky from Blue Petal Weddings and she is FABULOUS! And Canadian which is helpful for me!

#60 Peach

Peach
                    • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:43 AM

And this location would be even better! I am from southern Alberta, and I am okay communicating by phone/email, but some family might feel better if the TA was closer. I want to stick to someone Canadian, and would love to find someone who specializes in the Dominican (we are looking at Samana area). I have never traveled through a TA before, but I want to make it as easy on my guests as possible, and I know that having a TA will make some of them feel more comfortable traveling.

Originally Posted by aquamaniac 

I was being convinced on another thread not to use a TA, this thread is convincing me to use one. My question is, can anyone recommend a good TA in the Calgary, AB area?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users