Photo

Dress Timeline

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

I am really in the dark on WHEN I need to order my dress. We are about 9 months away and I think I should be ordering it now but am not sure. I am having second thought about David's bridal so I may find a smaller place to go.

So my question is WHEN should I order my dress? Thanks!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

well depends on where and what you buy. if you're buying somewhere like davids bridal or off the rack, you don't need as much time. if you're buying at a bridal salon where they have to order, i'd give yourself at least 6 mos. and don't forget to factor in a month or two for alterations.

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:49 PM

I bought mine at David's Bridal...thinking they'd order it, etc.... but I ended up just taking it home that day.
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

I also bought mine at David's Bridal and I went home with it. I love my dress. What is your worry about David's?

If you have to have your dress ordered, I agree with Ann, they usually tell you 4 to 6 months, but it comes closer to the 6 month mark. And, alterations do take a while. So, I would say you should go within the next month or 2, if you are ordering one from a bridal salon, or online.

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:35 PM

I just ordered mine last month and will be cutting it close, it will be in one month before my wedding, yikes! I would suggest not cutting it that close! The earlier the better I think, but I would give yourself at least 6 months.

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:38 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jilly76
              I just ordered mine last month and will be cutting it close, it will be in one month before my wedding, yikes! I would suggest not cutting it that close! The earlier the better I think, but I would give yourself at least 6 months.
              i did the same thing - and luckily everything worked out just fine. but i would rather have had more time in case something did go wrong!

#7 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by akh
                i did the same thing - and luckily everything worked out just fine. but i would rather have had more time in case something did go wrong!
                Me too!! I know those last few weeks before the wedding are going to be spent running around!

#8 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
                • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the info! I will go with 6 months. I just had some concerns about the David's bridal in my area. The staff was nice but I keep reading reviews about how poor their alteration work is.

#9 ajncooter

ajncooter
                  • 983 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

I would say for a normal bridal salon it should take 6-8 months..

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:07 PM

can you just get it altered somewhere else? have you started shopping already? it looks like it's that time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users