Replacing a bridesmaid :(

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 classadiva

• 685 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

So very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. This is a tough decision that only you can make. Since you asked... my opinion is that if it were me...I would not replace her. It is perfectly fine to have an uneven number of BM's and GM's. In fact...this will be the case with me. I also love your idea or incorporating a memory candle or such in the ceremony.

I wish you all the best in whatever you choose to do.

#12 ldeavila

• 206 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. In my opinion, I think not replacing her would be the best. It's ok if you don't have an even number of BM and GM. Like others mentioned, I think honoring her at your ceremony would be the best. Good luck.
      Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

#13 bholthof

• Banned
      • 323 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

So sorry for your loss.

I think you should do both - not replace her, she obviously meant a lot to you, so you will still know that it is her place your friend would be filling. But I also think you should put an extra bouquet on the table or something, to signify her presence as well. Yes, it is your wedding - but part of getting married is sharing that with all the people that you care about, and your niece was one of those people. And although she can't be there physically, I'm sure she'll be watching and supporting you from whereever she is now.
        21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

#14 jenniebey

• 842 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

I am so sorry to hear for your loss. Losing a family member that young is NEVER easy.

I think it's a 100% okay to not replace her and have uneven attendants, but you do whatever feels right to you. I do think that a 'memory' gesture would be nice regardless if you replace her or not.

Best of luck in your decision.

#15 crazykat

• 48 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

Thank you all for your thoughs on this topic, it is very much appreciated, like some of you said I don't think I am ready to make a decision yet, and I am happy to hear your opinion. Thanks again.

#16 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. But I think that honoring your sister/niece is more important then having an uneven bridal party. I had 3 BM's & 5 (or was it 6?) in JA and then 7 BM's and the same number of groomsmen at our AHR. So I didn't have an even bridal party for either of our wedding functions.

I don't think it would be depressing to honor your niece, I think it would be very sweet of you.

#17 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:57 AM

So sorry for your loss. **hugs**

You do what you feel most comfortable with. And definitely take your time to think it over.

#18 ~Stephanie~

• 3,347 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

I'm so sorry for the loss you are dealing with, it must be so hard. I would not replace her. I don't think it will be too drepressing and I think it will be nice to honor her that way.

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users