Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,047 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:42 PM

I love my loubs, but I aree the bottoms wreck easier...its not a big deal though. All shoes get worn out

#42 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
  • 546 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ana
    I love my loubs, but I aree the bottoms wreck easier...its not a big deal though. All shoes get worn out
    I would probably be ok with the bottoms wearing out if I wanted to keep them! I didn't even wear them outside! Now I'm sad I'm stuck with a pair of shoes I can't wear I wonder if at least they will give me some store credit?

#43 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

You can get the bottoms repaired - and also add a red protective coating on the bottom so that they won't get scratched up again. My bff just did this and it only cost her $50 for it and she said it looks awesome! Just a heads up. I plan on doing this with both of my loubs as soon as I get a chance to take them in.

#44 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:00 PM

I think if you keep wearing them around, they will get more comfortable. What part hurts? Is it because they are too high, or is there a part that digs in? My one pair of lower heeled Loubs are the most comfortable pair of heels I've ever worn! My wedding shoes are another story though - those things hurt like a b$%# because I didn't wear them in and the strap kept digging into my big toe. I should have worn them in for sure - you still have time!

#45 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • LocationToronto

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:03 PM

oh really Heather?! I didn't know about the protective coating! Do you think its too late that they're already kind of wrecked? and where do you take them?

#46 *Lo*

*Lo*
        • 2,993 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:47 PM

You can't return them if the bottoms are really scuffed. And the shoes are designed so that the red sole wears off that is the point.

To be honest, the shoes were not designed for comfort, they were designed to be pretty. If they are REALLY bad such that you can't walk in them, you can have them adjusted. I had the arch lifted in my pumps and they are so much more comfortable now.

#47 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • LocationToronto

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:13 PM

oh the dude at Holts gave these awesome insole things that make them all soft and squishy on the bottom...they're actually super comfy...now that I've broken them in (in Vegas)

#48 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

Ana she took them to a place up on Bloor, underneath Winners. That's where I got my wedding Loubs fixed also. Jane's were totally destroyed on the bottom and he fixed them right up. She had been wearing hers for over 2 years almost every day at work.

#49 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
            • 546 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

Holy moly! I had no idea that you could do all those things to shoes! I guess I'm not used to buying high end shoes yet
              and I also had no idea the red is SUPPOSED to come off!
              Well my mom is working her returning magic so we shall see!

#50 Sherry

Sherry
              • 390 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by *Heather*
                You can get the bottoms repaired - and also add a red protective coating on the bottom so that they won't get scratched up again. My bff just did this and it only cost her $50 for it and she said it looks awesome! Just a heads up. I plan on doing this with both of my loubs as soon as I get a chance to take them in.
                I've done this with mine too, and it works super well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users