Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#211 leannesmith

leannesmith
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

We are currently waiting to hear back from our TA to see if we can get our date booked for April 2014.  I had read on another forum that the GBP didn't charge for bringing in an outside vendor, but now I am seeing that they do.  Does anyone know how much they charge to bring in your own photographer?  Or are the photographers at the resort worth the risk of not seeing their work before hand?

The fee is 800 dollars! I personally am not a fan of the work I have seen from the resort photographer. Either way I am going to fight the fee when I get there or at least bring it down.

#212 PrincessKO

PrincessKO
    • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Honestly I was worried about the photos, but the quality of photos you get from the resort photographer is based on the expertise of the individual photographer you get. My husband is a photography and journalism major, and he was more than pleased with the resort photographer, Christopher Lee. I am trying to upload pictures, however this site and my crappy work computer isn't cooperating. You can try to fight the $800 fee, but they won't budge with it. It will be a waste of time, because you will either be paying the $800 fee or paying a cancellation fee for the photographer you booked because of the 'rules' the Gran Bahia has. The fee is because they want you to use their studios. Good Luck - I will keep trying to post my photos.

#213 PrincessKO

PrincessKO
      • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

You can see their work beforehand. Ask the wedding coordinator and she will provide you with a webpage www.arrecife studio.com

#214 PrincessKO

PrincessKO
        • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

www.arrecifestudio.com

#215 leannesmith

leannesmith
          • 63 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Can you request a photographers work ahead of time. The website doesn't really indicate what photographer took what. If Christopher Lee is good then I would like too see specifics.....I hope you can share some photos. That would be great

#216 MrsViolo

MrsViolo
            • 117 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by leannesmith 

Can you request a photographers work ahead of time. The website doesn't really indicate what photographer took what. If Christopher Lee is good then I would like too see specifics.....I hope you can share some photos. That would be great

I emailed the studio to ask the same thing and they said they couldn't provide photos by each individual photographer. They said there are three photographers and Chris Lee is the primary one.

I'm now following him and the studio on facebook.

I also started a forum in the hopes people would provide reviews and pictures of the photographer they used but no one has responded yet...

http://www.bestdesti...-in-runaway-bay

#217 MrsViolo

MrsViolo
              • 117 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by PrincessKO 

Honestly I was worried about the photos, but the quality of photos you get from the resort photographer is based on the expertise of the individual photographer you get. My husband is a photography and journalism major, and he was more than pleased with the resort photographer, Christopher Lee. I am trying to upload pictures, however this site and my crappy work computer isn't cooperating. You can try to fight the $800 fee, but they won't budge with it. It will be a waste of time, because you will either be paying the $800 fee or paying a cancellation fee for the photographer you booked because of the 'rules' the Gran Bahia has. The fee is because they want you to use their studios. Good Luck - I will keep trying to post my photos.

Can you post your review of Chris to the thread below :)  I really think it matters which photographer you get. I have requested already requested Chris for the day - hopefully, I actually get him!

http://www.bestdesti...-in-runaway-bay

#218 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
                • 197 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by PrincessKO 

www.arrecifestudio.com

Thank you so much for sharing!

#219 PrincessKO

PrincessKO
                • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thanks. I will try to upload my pics tonight and will share my review of Chris. I was going to suggest following him on facebook as well. He posts a lot of his photos there. He is listed under Christopher Lee Stay tuned.

#220 leannesmith

leannesmith
                  • 63 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

I can't seem to find Christopher lee on Facebook as there are a thousand! Would you mind putting up the link?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users