Photo

Beer buckets as centerpiece?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MK1

MK1
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

Has anyone ever used (or thought of using) beer buckets (filled with beer, ice and soft drinks) as their centerpieces? While some people that I've mentioned this to think it's strange not to want flowers/candles/etc. as my centerpiece, I still think it's a fun idea. I can't seem to find any inspirational photos online though. My ideal beer bucket centerpiece is made out of glass/plastic and not the tin/metal cans.

Help!

#2 motherofthegroom

motherofthegroom
    • 22 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MK1
      Has anyone ever used (or thought of using) beer buckets (filled with beer, ice and soft drinks) as their centerpieces? While some people that I've mentioned this to think it's strange not to want flowers/candles/etc. as my centerpiece, I still think it's a fun idea. I can't seem to find any inspirational photos online though. My ideal beer bucket centerpiece is made out of glass/plastic and not the tin/metal cans.

Help!
      Ok so this is just personal, but it's your wedding not a hockey banquet! lol......maybe you can find little beer bottle replicas and poke them onto long swizzle sticks and add a few hockey pucks to hold them in place...... try Ikea they have some great stuff.

#3 MK1

MK1
      • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

Haha I know :) I just want something really laid back. I'm sure my friends and some relatives (even though some still think it's a strange idea) would be much more excited to see beer on the table than flowers.
        Thanks for your input! Any and all is much appreciated!

#4 KRama

KRama
        • 421 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

I think it's a great idea! I know my friends/family would love that idea too. If you want to make it a little more classy, try finding glass/plastic ice buckets, fill the bottom with those small river rocks and maybe mix in a few plastic tropical flowers with the ice and among the bottles at the top. (Looks cool in my head) haha

#5 autjo

autjo
          • 2,182 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

I think thats a cute idea if you do it right. I've seen things similar to this where the couple used Jones soda customized with their own pics. Or even mini bottles of wine/champagne with custom labels. Put these in a glass/wedding color ice bucket and I think it would be really cool. Make sure to post pics when you decide :)

Weddings with myJones: great gift and decoration ideas

Also, the only flower centerpiece we are having is one that is included in the package we bought. All the other tables are going to have photo cubes with pics and trivia on them. So I don't think it is weird to not have flowers!

#6 NaM

NaM
            • 2,256 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KRama
              I think it's a great idea! I know my friends/family would love that idea too. If you want to make it a little more classy, try finding glass/plastic ice buckets, fill the bottom with those small river rocks and maybe mix in a few plastic tropical flowers with the ice and among the bottles at the top. (Looks cool in my head) haha
              Ohh i like that!! It looks cool in my head too!

#7 MK1

MK1
              • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

These are all so helpful, thanks ladies. One of my friends suggested putting limes and lemons on the bottom of the glass bucket (sort of in the line of your idea KRama). Autojo, mini bottles of wine/champagne are a great idea!

#8 Sue

Sue
                • 86 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

I think it's cute idea - it's your wedding, personalize it the way you want. The more relaxed environment, the better.

#9 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
                  • 186 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

If using glass buckets, you can also freeze lemon slices or flowers into the ice cubes, but this might not be do-able with a destination wedding.

Anyway, when I read your idea, I thought of this wedding: A Look Back At Our Creative, Crafty, and Cost Effective Backyard Wedding | Young House Love. They used recycled wine bottles to hold some nonalcoholic drinks on the tables and then had some galvanized buckets with ice to hold beer and soda. They dressed up the metal buckets by using a ring of whole lemons around the rim.

#10 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
                    • 417 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:06 PM

Such a fun idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users