Photo

Need Help Picking Colors

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 classadiva

classadiva
  • 685 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:29 PM

Okay...I feel so behind the eight ball on this. I have NO idea what colors to select. I see that many people have done an inspiration board....is there a website where I can look at cvarious inspiration boards? How about any sites or tools that might help me in selecting my colors....thanks...any help would be appreciated.

#2 mlabbe

mlabbe
    • 784 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

Have you checked out Style Me Pretty? There's also Trendsetting Weddings and Snippet & Ink.

They have quite a few inspiration boards - they may not be very "destination-y", but at least it can give you an idea of colours!

Website like The Knot and Bride.com also have tons about colours. I don't know of any software though or website that will help you create your own board. You could always add a bunch of photos into Word or Photoshop!

Hope this helps get you started! I also have no idea what colours to go with... I like way too many things!

#3 Melidell

Melidell
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

I like The Knot for looking at different colour combinations, too. Or you can always try looking for sites that let you create a palette of your own, like colour lovers: COLOURlovers :: Create a Palette if you want to play around with different combination to see how they look. I like that last site for decorating, too.
        Loving married life!

#4 Taghan

Taghan
        • 239 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

I struggled with this at first too...so many colors to choose from! A lot of people recommend looking at paint colors, but that didn't help me. What I ended up doing was going to a craft store (Michaels, AC Moore, JoAnn Fabrics) and looked at ribbon colors. This allowed me to put colors together to see what they'd look like as a group.

#5 Sheree10

Sheree10
          • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

This is one of the many things I still haven't been able to make a decision on. One website that has been very helpful is The Perfect Palette

The book "Destination Weddings for Dummies" suggests the following colors for a tropical wedding: lemon, lime, tangerine, hot pink or turquoise

Bright colors definately work well for a DW. Also think about Mexico's colors maybe you can implement them too.
            http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#6 KarenM

KarenM
            • 1,920 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

The Perfect Palette is a great resource! There are TONS of inspirations boards to look at. Scroll down a little & on the left you can search by color.
              http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/

good luck deciding!

#7 classadiva

classadiva
              • 685 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:27 PM

Thank you so much for your great recommendations!!! This is just what I needed. Can't wait to check out these sites. I am finding that I really need to start seriously thinking about the color scheme as color is a part of so many aspects of any wedding.

#8 classadiva

classadiva
                • 685 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sheree10
                  This is one of the many things I still haven't been able to make a decision on. One website that has been very helpful is The Perfect Palette

The book "Destination Weddings for Dummies" suggests the following colors for a tropical wedding: lemon, lime, tangerine, hot pink or turquoise

Bright colors definately work well for a DW. Also think about Mexico's colors maybe you can implement them too.
                  I like the colors listed for a tropical wedding...will look into those.

#9 Mrs. R

Mrs. R
                  • 73 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:18 AM

A good place to start is to find out what flowers will be in season, if you're using real flowers. When I embarked on the planning process, I was surprised to learn how little selection I would have in July in Jamaica. I just figured, it's an island-- there must be tons of flowers in every color available! Well, I discovered there is plenty to choose from if you want to FLY them in from the US or Asia, which comes at a hefty price. I would contact your resort's floral dept or the local florist you will be using and request a price list. Be sure to request samples of their previous work too.

After you know the flowers you will be using, it's a bit easier to pick bridesmaid dresses to compliment, groomsmen attire etc.

Good luck!
                    http://i829.photobuc....b/ruins1-1.jpg

Married July 31, 2009
                    Hilton Rose Hall Resort in Montego Bay
                    photos by: psphotogallery.com

#10 classadiva

classadiva
                    • 685 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:41 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mrs. R
                      A good place to start is to find out what flowers will be in season, if you're using real flowers. When I embarked on the planning process, I was surprised to learn how little selection I would have in July in Jamaica. I just figured, it's an island-- there must be tons of flowers in every color available! Well, I discovered there is plenty to choose from if you want to FLY them in from the US or Asia, which comes at a hefty price. I would contact your resort's floral dept or the local florist you will be using and request a price list. Be sure to request samples of their previous work too.

After you know the flowers you will be using, it's a bit easier to pick bridesmaid dresses to compliment, groomsmen attire etc.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the advice....trying to decide now if Real Touch flowers might be an option for me.

BTW...your picture is GORGEOUS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users