Photo

second guess your dress?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 MsAmErika

MsAmErika
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

Is it just me or do others second guess their dress choice? I love my dress but then I see so many other lovely dresses and it makes me wonder if I chose my dress to soon?

#2 Tam

Tam
    • 551 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:20 PM

I know exactly how you feel.... I pick up my dress next month, only tried it on once and when I bought it, it was from another store from where I tried it on... Now I am worrying about not liking it. And, I see soooo many other dresses out there that are so nice.

#3 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
      • 484 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

I bought my dress really early too...and I have seen absolutely soooo many stunning dresses that probably put mine to shame, But...it's still everything I wanted in it's own simplicity, and when I try it on it's totally "Me".
        **Dresses are like Men - there are so many different types, styles and colors you could try them all but you just have to believe in your choice and stick with it!! lol**
        Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
        Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
        My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#4 SusieQ

SusieQ
        • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

I hear ya... i am having my dress made, I took a dress I loved on paper and done a few alterations, now i am freaking out because oher brides are totally against the soft flowy dress... mine totally is that fabric. oh well i will see how it looks in Nov.

#5 big3n09

big3n09
          • 616 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:23 PM

I can relate in the fact that I have tried on too may dresses and now I'm scared to choose. I like weighing my options but some things I can be sure of right off and I wanted to feel that way about my dress but haven't. I told a friend today knowing me I will wake up on wedding day not impressed with my dress but know it's my only option that day and make the best of it. But we shall see, what I need to do now is get something. I like the way SuzyQ76 put in perspective
            4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#6 Melidell

Melidell
            • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:45 AM

Me too. I picked out my dress a while ago, and while a big part of me knows that it's the dress for me and looks amazing on me- this dress was seriously made for me- I still keep thinking maybe I made a mistake. Sometimes I think about the dress that was my "second runner up" and I get so paranoid that I made a mistake. Other times I see other girls dresses and get serious dress envy and think I should have gone for a different style. I'm hoping it's just nerves because a wedding dress is such a big deal. I feel so much better knowing I'm normal to second guess it.
              Loving married life!

#7 *Linds*

*Linds*
              • 5,776 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:24 AM

I can totally relate! I bought my dress very early, then bought a second dress for my AHR and a third dress for a TTD (ridiculous, I KNOW)...I have now sold my TTD and am considering selling my AHR dress so I can buy a different one...I has been driving me absolutely nuts!
                Loving married life! <3

#8 Vikki

Vikki
                • 807 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:03 AM

I bought a second dress about 6 weeks after the first. *sigh* I wish I had waited.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SusieQ
                  I hear ya... i am having my dress made, I took a dress I loved on paper and done a few alterations, now i am freaking out because oher brides are totally against the soft flowy dress... mine totally is that fabric. oh well i will see how it looks in Nov.
                  That sounds so pretty...you'll have to post pictures when you get it.

#9 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
                  • 336 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:23 AM

Yeah, I also can relate. I work in the fashion industry for a line rep part time and we have been doing the spring shows. It really doesn't help to see all of next seasons dresses!! There are some really nice ones!! I found one that I really love!! But its not ment to be my wedding is in Jan and they won't be out yet... neadless to say I almost wish I had gone to a few more stores also.
                    Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
                    http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
                    http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

#10 shellk

shellk
                    • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

i think everyone does.i do but i think its because its one of the first things you buy and it is a big thing.you then see bigger and better so you think but there is obviously a reason why you got the one you did.on the day you will love it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users