Sign in to follow this  
bholthof

What are you doing thats a little different?

Thanks for starting this thread. We actually have a large group coming to ours so we'll do a private reception but I'm looking for something fun and interesting to do that's a little non-traditional or a nice surprise four our guests. Like a performance or something. Still scratching my head for ideas.

I am planning on having dinner after the ceremony and then renting out the disco at the resort from 9-11. I want a place to have our first dance & the father-daughter and mother-son dance. It was really important to us to have some time that we can play our music and have a little reception for everyone to come together. My fiance is making a CD of all the songs we specifically want played. Hopefully everyone will just hang around after and stay at the disco when it opens.

I posted before about the gazebo. But I've decided to do a beach party, I hired a bartender for 3 hours, so he will be on the beach just for our guest. The WC will set the beach up with tiki torches to have some light. It was important to us as well, to have all the dances and tosses.

I'm not sure what they have available near your wedding location, but we are doing a private sunset dinner cruise reception with our guests. Something different and really special. Just thought I'd share.