Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RAENJAY

Stephanie (RAENJAY) & Jason’s RIU Cabo Wedding Review ~ June 23, 2007

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajncooter View Post
Im so glad everything went well for you Stephanie... Congrats you looked stunning!elefant.gif
I know that yours will be spectacular also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkw View Post
Congratulations Stephanie!!! Your wedding sounds amazing! I'm so happy for you!! Post some more pictures!
That's all the pictures (besides random) that I have until I get them from guests and Pepe finishes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200 View Post
Congratulations Stephanie!! It sounds like everything was perfect! I knew your guests would love the OOT bags...you put so much thought and effort into them...they were really fantastic! I wish I would have seen you during our trip. We were in town on Friday night too.

p.s. I'd be errk'd about the steak thing too!
I was looking all over town Friday night hoping to see somebody. Sorry I missed you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so glad everything went well. I cannot believe the steak in the lap story.

 

Did you do a cocktail hour or go straight to the reception? If you did how was it. Also did they upcharge the liquor bottles you had them bring in? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Review!!! Sounds like everything went off beautifully. Glad to hear that your guests appreciated their OOT bags... I know you put so much time and effort into those. You've definitely been my inspiration for DIY projects! I have a couple in the works right now (luggage tags and door hangers!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTEN View Post
I am so glad everything went well. I cannot believe the steak in the lap story.

Did you do a cocktail hour or go straight to the reception? If you did how was it. Also did they upcharge the liquor bottles you had them bring in? Thanks!
After the group photos on the beach, we sent everybody to the Mexican restaurant, as for what went on there, I have no idea - by the time we go there, the party was in full swing, so I have to believe they were ready with drinks and what not for an unofficial cocktail hour. I think we paid $45.00 for each bottle, which isn't bad for the Crown, it was a pretty big bottle, but the Goose was pretty small. Jason managed to drink it all himself. I know it was probably at least 1/2 the size of the one we have at here at the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything sounds so amazing and makes me sooo excited to be getting married at Riu - questions ---- what package did you purchase? Did you get liquor drinks with dinner besides the bottles that you specifically requested and did you have to pay per person per hour for the liquor? How was your cake? Did you have to pay extra for the flowers on it? Ummm I think that is all for now...lol..

 

oooh - if you have any extra pictures of the mexican terrace I wouldn't be terribly sad if you posted them...lol... wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tob1kanobe View Post
Everything sounds so amazing and makes me sooo excited to be getting married at Riu - questions ---- what package did you purchase? Did you get liquor drinks with dinner besides the bottles that you specifically requested and did you have to pay per person per hour for the liquor? How was your cake? Did you have to pay extra for the flowers on it? Ummm I think that is all for now...lol..

oooh - if you have any extra pictures of the mexican terrace I wouldn't be terribly sad if you posted them...lol... wink.gif
We went with the Royal Package (the middle one) - for what you get for the "big" package, we just did'nt think it was worth it.

We did not have other liquor drinks, just the 2 bottles we wanted, beer and champagne.

Honestly, we didn't eat the cake - we cut that one piece, and that was it. The cake as I had it is included in your package price.

I'm sure I have more pictures of the terrace. Also, if you go to our wedding website, there are about 600 photos on there from my camera. Feel free to check them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stephanie,

 

How was the food on the Mexican Terrace? Was it from the mexican restaurant? I am a big wimp when it comes to spicy food so we were planning on the beach reception because the food is from the steakhouse but from your review I obviously have some concerns. Also, did you do the bonfire (I thought you had for some reason). Was it worth it? When did you have it. THANKS - going to check out pictures now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KACENGG View Post
stephanie,

How was the food on the Mexican Terrace? Was it from the mexican restaurant? I am a big wimp when it comes to spicy food so we were planning on the beach reception because the food is from the steakhouse but from your review I obviously have some concerns. Also, did you do the bonfire (I thought you had for some reason). Was it worth it? When did you have it. THANKS - going to check out pictures now.
Hi Kim!

The food on the terrace wasn't too bad - they had a large selection of appetizers and things, and the overall menu had some pretty good choices. I did not think it was overly spicy - I didn't hear anybody say anything was too spicy. We did not do the bonfire - originally we were going to do it, but then just plain ran out of time. I really seemed to go by so fast.

HTH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephanie,

 

Your pictures are beautiful and now we have once again changed our reception site to the Mexican Terrace. That should be the last change!!! just wanted to say congratulations.

 

Also on the Terrace you didn't have to pay a per person meal fee did you (just the $500 flat fee to make it private)? I thought you didn't on the terrace but I am hearing some conflicting info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×