Photo

Looking for help

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bowhunterbride

bowhunterbride
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:08 AM

Hello to all. Im getting married to the love of my life and we are not sure of how to do all this. We plan on getting married in May 2010. Most likely in the Mayan Riviera. Any info would help. We are trying to price all thing. Thanks for any help you can offer.

#2 shellk

shellk
    • 1,784 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:10 AM

congrats,the forum will help.first i think you need to review lots of resorts and decide on that so that you can get prices for that first as that is your big outlay.

happy dwplanning

#3 taugania

taugania
      • 171 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:10 AM

Congrats and Welcome!!! You will find so much great information on this very addictive forum. Enjoy.
        --Victoria--
        http://taugania.blogspot.com/

http://global.thekno...rs/tt4808a.aspx***Bride, Groom and 18 guests booked***

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:12 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be for anyone planning a destination wedding, We have many threads already on RM that should help you get started in your planning process, we also have some travel agents on the forum that I' am sure you can you book your travel that falls within your budget. Happy planning

#5 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Start by choosing the different resorts that you like and then start gathering the packages and things they offer so you can start doing price comparisons. There area also a lot of great reviews on here about different locations you may be interested in!
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#6 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
            • 600 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:12 AM

Welcome the forum. I think the first place for you to start, is by defining your priorities. Do you have a price point? A specific scene in mind? What do you want you and your guest to experience? Look through some of the reviews and make a list of what you like, not just which resorts or hotels you like, but what you like about them.

Let us know what you find! Good luck.

#7 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
              • Vendor
              • 2,782 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

Welcome and happy wedding planning!!

Dmitri

#8 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
                • 821 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hey! Congrats!!! I was in the same boat as you guys and am still trying to make my final decision on a resort. Everyone on here gave me this advice: Make a list of your "must haves." Then, start researching resorts that meet those qualifications. Once you have a list, you can do more research on this website to see how brides liked the resort, wedding coordinators, etc. Also, a travel agent will be a big help! Ask tons of questions on here and you will get some fabulous ideas! GOOD LUCK!!!! Keep us posted!

#9 jenniebey

jenniebey
                  • 842 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:07 AM

Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the forum.

#10 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
                    • 446 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:29 PM

I agree with many of the other comments. I am planning a May 2011 wedding in Playa del Carmen and felt the same way when I first started...where do I begin!??! You need to find the thing that is most important to you and go from there. For me it was the church. We are having a catholic wedding and I wanted a beautiful catholic church. Once I found that, then we were able to begin looking for hotels that were going to be great, yet close to the church since we didn't want to have to transport people back and forth.

Once you kinda figure out your priorities, things definitely begin to fall into place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users