Flower Girl dress (white or color)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

Hi,

I'm wondering if I should go with a white dress or a color for the flower girl. What is everyone doing?

If I go with white does it need to match my dress, which is Ivory?

#2 Jtswedding

Jtswedding
    • 255 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

I would say to make it match your dress or use one of your wedding colors. My FG dress is white with a champagne sash but my dress is white.

#3 Tam

Tam
      • 551 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

I have an ivory dress as well. My "head" flower girl (my soon to be step-daughter) is wearing a white dress with a pink sash... as for my other two flower girls, I'm not sure yet... maybe baby pink dresses to match the pink sash??

#4 cutedimplestee

cutedimplestee
        • 487 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

I was thinking of having her wear a white dress with a fuschia sash to match the bridesmaids.

#5 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
          • Banned
          • 3,639 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:27 AM

My daughter who is the flower girl will be wearing an ocean blue like the BM's! Its cute and has some sparkles :)

#6 shankd

shankd
            • 272 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

my daughter will be wearing a coral pink color. My MOH is in chocolate....I think they will look really good...

#7 Melidell

Melidell
              • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:02 AM

Usually I like the flower girl dresses that match the brides dress but for a destination wedding I think that a dress in your wedding colours would be cute- especially if you've gone with something kind of tropical! I think I would either match her to your dress (ie go with the ivory) or to your wedding colours, personally, just to keep everything looking unified. That's just me, though, I doubt anyone at your wedding will be saying "she's in ivory and the flower girl *gasp!* is in white!!!" you know?
                Loving married life!

#8 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                • 5,521 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:04 AM

My FG is will be wearing a pink dress with navy sash! it is so adorable!!!!

#9 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
                  • 393 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

Great suggestions! Thanks you guys! I didn't know if there was a certain etiquette on when the FG wears white (ie, daughter or neice, etc..). We are borrowing one of the BMs daughters...she is adorable. I was thinking I would like to have her in the color blue that the BMs are in (Pool or Robins Egg blue) and wear a chocolate sash.

#10 shellk

shellk
                    • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:49 AM

i really don,t think it matters.it does,nt need to match yours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users