• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

they really seem to be popping up all over. just look around in your area! i want to do something like this now that things are settled down more. should have done it before the wedding - but i never did anything. oh well.

#12 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
    • 113 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:20 PM

This sounds so much fun!!!! They have one in Dallas also, for those of you Dallas brides....

Jay Johnson's Boot Camp Fitness ยป Gone Hollywood!

It's the same guy who does the boot camp for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. My sister did it and she said it works your butt off -- she said even her tiny toe hurt after the end of it!

#13 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

I saw this particular bootcamp on that show Rich bride, poorbride on TLC. I guess it would work if you like someone yelling in your face, not my cup of tea. I am lucky weight has never been an issue for me, I just run to stay toned, and it def helps if you find someone to exercise with you.

Now what I reallly want to do is a pole dancing class, find that Laura in Toronto, and I will be your workout buddie! Wouldn't that be a blast? The guys would probably like it too!

Kelly~

#14 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dragonfly
          I saw this particular bootcamp on that show Rich bride, poorbride on TLC. I guess it would work if you like someone yelling in your face, not my cup of tea. I am lucky weight has never been an issue for me, I just run to stay toned, and it def helps if you find someone to exercise with you.

Now what I reallly want to do is a pole dancing class, find that Laura in Toronto, and I will be your workout buddie! Wouldn't that be a blast? The guys would probably like it too!

Kelly~
          They do have it, Flirty Girl Fitness I have thought about doing it many times. It looks so fun. And, they do bachelorette parties.

#15 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
          • VIP Member
          • 2,861 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:27 PM

haha I dont know if I could do it! I think Id just start laughing! I cant see myself being serious swinging around on a pole!! Maybe if I liked the size I was it would be more fun!

#16 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
            • VIP Member
            • 931 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:46 PM

I did bootcamp for a month prior to the wedding and have been doing it (again) for the past two months. It takes a lot of dedication, but it's great. My body has changed so much. I have a lot more muscle and endurance. I used to do cardio almost exclusively and I was always frusterated that I did not look great. Adding the weight training/toning from bootcamp has really given me the physique that I always wanted.

I suppose you could achieve the same results on your own with a combo of intense cardio & strength training but the great thing about bootcamp is that they mix it up for you, and they are there to motivate (yell at) you to keep you going. I would highly recommend bootcamp programs!

#17 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

Thats what I need! Someone to force me to work my butt off!! I workout at home on my own but stop when Im tired because I dont have anyone forcing me to keep going!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users