Photo

Bridesmaid Trouble!! What would you do??

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Sheree10

Sheree10
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

I guess if they want to go to Jamaica that's fine but make it clear that they can't attend the wedding events. Maybe your friend can have one guest attend but it's not a party on you for all!! I do agree that it's rude.
    http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#12 classadiva

classadiva
    • 685 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:51 AM

Wow....have to agree with everyone else....very rude. Without a doubt, if it were me...there would be no invite to the wedding. None at all. Don't feel bad about it for a single minute.

#13 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
      • 5,521 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

I basically agree with everyone else. As long as they know that they are not invited to the wedding. and none of their other activities will interfere with your day then vacation away! the more the merrier!!!

#14 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
        • 284 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

I think that is really inconsiderate to you and your FI. Maybe I'm selfish, but we told guests that wanted to invite other people that we would be very upset if they even came to the resort. We plan on having a week long party with all of our guests since they are spending all of this money to join us. Everyone is welcome to do what they want on the six non wedding days or join us in our pre arranged excursions and events. I don't mind if guests choose to spend their whole vacation by the pool and not join us for any of the events, it is their vacation, but I would be offended if they spent the whole time with someone I didn't even invite or know.

#15 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
          • 222 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

that would bother me. I would appreciate her asking me first. and, I would worry about them even sitting at my wedding when I dont even know them and they are "uninvited".

#16 LA923

LA923
            • 200 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:53 AM

I agree with everyone else. It makes sense to me if she is allowed a plus one, however she chooses to use it -- who wants to travel all that way alone? But the other two guests def don't need to be included and you shouldn't feel pressured to do so.

#17 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
              • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

I agree -- the more the merrier at the resort, but the wedding is personal and only those who were invited by YOU should be in attendance.

That said, one of my son's friends called out of the blue while we already there and asked if he could come to the resort. I let him come to the wedding and reception because it was only one more seating and I don't regret it. He turned out to be a great addition to the guest list! But that was my experience, and yours could be a whole lot different!
                Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
                Leftover Wedding Items FS:
                http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users