Sign in to follow this  
melette

Took a L.A. Road trip, and found our Wedding Rings! *long*

I'm so excited! After searching for months in SF at The Jewelry Center, Gem Shows and other Jewelry stores, We finally decided to take a road trip down to L.A. to check out the Wholesale Jewelers. We left on friday, drove from SF to LA, and walked around downtown at the Jewelry Disctrict. Prior to us leaving, I learned from my FMIL (Who is also a Jeweler) on how to look at diamonds through a Loupe. What to look for in a good diamond, and what to look for in a bad diamond. Good Color/Clarity.. The whole 9!! I felt pretty confident on the information I had about diamonds without being DUPED by "Shark" Jeweler's.

I felt very Empowered when we did come across a "SHARK". My FI was very impressed with my "Game Face". LOL!

We came across a really nice and straight forward jeweler. They had the exact band my FI wanted. I explained to her what I was looking for, and she pulls from a case something that is a mixture of ALL the rings I like.. Other than the prong mounting, it was perfect! She said she could change the prong with no problem. Since it was our fist day out looking in L.A., we wanted to keep them in mind, and keep looking. And without having to try, they kept lowering the price for both our rings! It was hilarious because all we had to say was "UH" or "Hmm" and just smile at eachother, and the lower they kept going! Finally, we caved because the deal was just too good to pass up. For my FI's ring alone, we were getting quotes elsewhere for $3,000 (Yah, tell me about it, I couldn't have the FI that just wanted a plain band. He wants BLING) For my 3 pieces (1. wedding band for Cabo, 2. my Semi-mount/engagement ring, and 3. wedding band for SF when we legalize the marriage) I was getting quotes elsewhere for $2,500. But this jeweler gave us a deal for my 3 pieces and his band for $3,200. All diamonds are VS1 Clarity and G color, Which I got them to write on the contract. And they are GIA certified. They are making the bands from scratch. No re-sizing of what they have on hand. They will be ready in 3 weeks! I can't wait to get them! For the exact rings we want, and the budget we have, We would've settled for less if we didn't. The drive was well worth it!

For those of you searching for the Perfect wedding band (if you already have your center stone) I highly recommend taking a trip to the L.A. Jewelry District! You will be amazed with how much other stores mark up the price for their items!

Thought I'd share our story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Married_In_Maui View Post
Great deal!!! You should know better than to tease us & give us no pics, LMAO!
How bad of me!!! I didn't even take any pics cause i was so excited! I'll make sure to post when we pick them up!