Getting a copy of your Jamaica Marriage Certificate

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

• 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

I got married August 14th and I was told we would have our certificate in a few weeks. I will wait a few weeks more and I may have to use the form also...5 months? Wow....

#12 RAMSGIRL

• 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

thanks for the link, I may need to use it if I don't get my cert in a few weeks....

#13 Quietstorm

• 169 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for posting this and keep us posted.

#14 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:52 PM

I actually got my marriage certificate, 4 months after the wedding... from the resort!

DH called a few more times and got the new coordinator on the phone and she finally put it through. The issue date on the certificate is August 25th.

Strange thing is that my request through the registrar's office seems to have hit a wall... here's the part of the screen shot that shows progress:

Click the image to open in full size.

#15 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:18 AM

Hey Petals, glad to see you got your wedding cert - Finally! Congrats! Hehe. Anyone give you any idea why it's taking so long for most of you spring/summer brides to get yours? Just curious!

#16 jenninjamaica

• 547 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

Thanks!!! I hear this is a big problem, so I bookmarked this page for next year!!

#17 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:27 AM

Just got mine yesterday :) Didn't look at the issue date, but it came right from the ROR.

#18 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for the link...we moved shortly after our wedding and when I emailed the wedding coordinator our new address she said she already sent it to the old address....so who knows where it is!! I hope this works otherwise we're going to have to get married at city hall!

#19 Mrs. R

Mrs. R
                  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for posting the link! We got married at the end of July and still don't have ours... so frustrating!!

Married July 31, 2009
                    Hilton Rose Hall Resort in Montego Bay
                    photos by: psphotogallery.com

#20 Scott-Pierre

• 456 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

The wedding coordinator from the ROR told me it should take 2-3 months for us to receive ours. Does anyone know if we can use the Certified Copy of the Marriage Register that you sign during the ceremony to change your name? It does say it is a certified copy? I really wanted to get on my hubby's insurance before the end of the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users