Photo

NY Bridal shoppers

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 labloom

labloom
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:58 PM

My mom and future mother-in-law are coming to the city in two weeks. I have an appointment at Kleinfelds, Pronovias and plan to go to RK Bridal and a few other places TBD.. So excited!

#122 classadiva

classadiva
    • 685 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by labloom
      My mom and future mother-in-law are coming to the city in two weeks. I have an appointment at Kleinfelds, Pronovias and plan to go to RK Bridal and a few other places TBD.. So excited!
      Wonderful!!! Enjoy your trip!!

#123 lalanyc

lalanyc
      • 363 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

A little off topic question - can any NY brides recommend a cheap but decent place in Manhattan for a hair and makeup trial run?

I just got back from Mexico and did a trial run w/ the girl I thought I was going to hire but... it didnt go as well as planned. Now I really want to get another trial to at least have some pictures in hand of a style I really like!

#124 finleys7

finleys7
        • 703 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

LaLa, what's your price range I have seen some trials around $70....
          Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
          Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#125 lalanyc

lalanyc
          • 363 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by finleys7
            LaLa, what's your price range I have seen some trials around $70....
            finleys- that sounds reasonable to me!

#126 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

This is a great topic. Thanks for all of this information.
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
              ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#127 CruzRodz032310@aol.com

CruzRodz032310@aol.com
              • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

Hi! I'm from Manhattan, living in Northern New Jersey and getting married at the Dreams in Punta Cana!! WHew! lol

I also got my dress and my bridesmaids dresses at a Davids Bridal but in New Jersey.

As for the guys, I'm thinking of tan linen suits. What are you ladies doing?

~Lynette

#128 Sheree10

Sheree10
                • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CruzRodz032310@aol.com
                  Hi! I'm from Manhattan, living in Northern New Jersey and getting married at the Dreams in Punta Cana!! WHew! lol

I also got my dress and my bridesmaids dresses at a Davids Bridal but in New Jersey.

As for the guys, I'm thinking of tan linen suits. What are you ladies doing?

~Lynette

I'm also thinking of a tan suit for the groom also. His BM will probably wear a white shirt and tan pants.
                  http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#129 Sheree10

Sheree10
                  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

I have a question for my fellow NY brides:

Where did you purchase your hair flowers/ hair jewelry? I thought I wanted to do the hair flower thing and actually ordered a pair from etsy. Well I got them and tried them and I'm not too happy. I don't think they are the right ones for me. They look fake and that's not what I was going for. I've seen other hair flowers online but prefer not to buy something else like this online again. So now I'm back to square one and I'm thinking of getting a jeweled headband, or some type of hair jewelry. I'm not really a tiara person.

Any place in NYC would you suggest for reasonably priced wedding hair accessories?
                    http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#130 vdaybride

vdaybride
                    • 1,412 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:15 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sheree10
                      I have a question for my fellow NY brides:

Where did you purchase your hair flowers/ hair jewelry? I thought I wanted to do the hair flower thing and actually ordered a pair from etsy. Well I got them and tried them and I'm not too happy. I don't think they are the right ones for me. They look fake and that's not what I was going for. I've seen other hair flowers online but prefer not to buy something else like this online again. So now I'm back to square one and I'm thinking of getting a jeweled headband, or some type of hair jewelry. I'm not really a tiara person.

Any place in NYC would you suggest for reasonably priced wedding hair accessories?
                      I

I had the same problem. I ended up going to my favorite destination for wedding stuff..the wholesale district lol. There are several stores stores on 6th ave. can't remember the exact store, but there are a few between 28th and 32nd. I purchased the pearl and crystal hair jewels (attached to pins) that were placed in the back of my head for $3.50 each! I loved them in my hair and they looked like these $65 dollar pins I saw online! They are in my "items for sale" post I have a few for sale I am selling them for exactly what I paid for them. A few have not been worn. Take a look and let me know what you think.
                      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users