Wisdom Teeth Removal/Illness Update!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

So I think I figured out why I've been so sick for the past month!

Where I had my dry socket the tissue started to turn white this week and it was still tasting bad and swollen so I made an appointment with the Oral Surgeon today...

Turns out there was a piece of medicated dressing that they had left in there!!!!!!! The doctor was HORRIFIED! He said he knew this has happened before but he can't remember the last time it did. He is an excellent doctor - this was just some sort of freak accident.

Anyways, they paid for my antibiotics and had me take 2 while I was there so I should be getting better soon.

(P.S. for those who don't know the whole story I've been pretty sick off and on the past month - from extreme headaches w/dizziness to sinus-like infection, ear aches, very swollen glands, fever, etc.) Glad to know the cause FINALLY!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:16 PM

OMG Jaime thats horrible!!! I am so glad you finally found out what it was though and that it has been taken care of! Hopefully you will start feeling 100% really soon!!

#3 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

omg! that is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least you know what was making you sick.

#4 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

omg, Jaime... that's kinda scary! At least they found the problem. So the doc said that's why you've been getting these headaches and stuff? That's so crazy! So much for "don't worry about it Courtney, getting your wisdom teeth out isn't that bad" haha. Hopefully you have a speedy recovery... and no more complications!
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
            omg, Jaime... that's kinda scary! At least they found the problem. So the doc said that's why you've been getting these headaches and stuff? That's so crazy! So much for "don't worry about it Courtney, getting your wisdom teeth out isn't that bad" haha. Hopefully you have a speedy recovery... and no more complications!
            Well, I didn't actually tell him about how sick I've been. I was SCARED in there! As soon as he found the bandage, he didn't say a word except "get her into the operating room". They slapped a blood pressure cuff on me and I was so nervous it was like 150+/120+ (It finally dropped back to somewhat normal once I figured out I was gonna be ok and it wasn't anything I did wrong, lol). He is normally such a happy, jovial old man it really scared me when he wasn't saying anything! But everything that was bothering me when I was sick was all on my right side (same side where the dry socket was) so it makes sense that it's all connected. I knew he felt so horrible that I didn't want to make him feel worse! (I know, I'm a big sap lol) I have a follow up appointment next Tues and my Grandma told me to tell him everything else that's been going on with me sick wise just to let him know and see if he thinks that caused it. I'm pretty sure it at least contributed to it - my body was just like WTF is THIS thing?!? lol Anyways, I'm very relieved and glad to be on some antibiotics finally.

Oh yeah, and if you DO get a dry socket for whatever reason, and they put the clove bandage in there and then can't find it for whatever reason just be on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary. This is what happened to me, and they just thought that it had come out on its own. Apparently this is a total freak accident tho so don't let it worry you!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:42 PM

Jaime that is terrible I am so glad they figured it out.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 BayBug

BayBug
            • 852 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

That is really good news and bad news at the same time. I really hate going to the dentist. I think they are horrible people. All though I did find a really nice dentist that did my root canal. Thank god for him!!!!
              Angie

#8 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BayBug
                That is really good news and bad news at the same time. I really hate going to the dentist. I think they are horrible people. All though I did find a really nice dentist that did my root canal. Thank god for him!!!!
                Ooh that's how I found my super awesome dentist too! He's so cool. When I had my two root canals done, he called the next day (HE called, not his receptionist!) to see how I was doing... and then I got a card in the mail about a week later! It was really nice - plus he's a good dentist too! lol He gave me free x-rays because he felt sorry for me! lol, those are expensive!!
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
                  Ooh that's how I found my super awesome dentist too! He's so cool. When I had my two root canals done, he called the next day (HE called, not his receptionist!) to see how I was doing... and then I got a card in the mail about a week later! It was really nice - plus he's a good dentist too! lol He gave me free x-rays because he felt sorry for me! lol, those are expensive!!
                  That's how this guys is - he's awesome! I wish he could be my regular dentist!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#10 MorganShae

MorganShae
                  • 84 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

that is scary. at least you are okay and nothing more serious developed.

i'm sure it is somewhat of a relief to feel like now that you have figured out why you have been feeling bad, you can finally get on the road to feeling 100% again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users