Photo

My idea for presenting our rings...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 jennaLynn544

jennaLynn544
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

So, we are not having a bridal party (BMs, groomsmen, MOH, etc.) it's just going to be us up there. We have a daughter, Sienna, & at the time of our wedding she'll be 18 months old. She is already walking around & getting really good at it, fast. I was brainstorming a while ago about ways to include her, considering her young age...

I was thinking we could find a chain necklace & put our rings on it & have her wearing it around her neck. We could have her walk down the aisle to us (with the help of my younger sister--she's 11) I could then have my sister remove the necklace from our daughter's neck & have her give us the rings.

I don't know...? Does this seem corny? Or cute? I was thinking it could be a creative way to incorporate our daughter into our ceremony & also let my (only) sister play a role---she's too young to be an actual MOH...so, what do you ladies think?

Obviously, we'd make sure my sister or someone else is watching Sienna the whole time with the necklace on, so she doesn't end up strangling herself or anything horrific like that!
    I absolutely LOVE my life & ADORE my little family :)

#2 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
    • 653 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

SUPER CUTE!
      Have you sister hold the necklace & rings until right before they walk down the aisle, then she can slip it on her and voila! Hopefully no incidents!

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

That sounds like a great way to incorporate both your daughter & your sister!

#4 meghan

meghan
        • 832 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

I think that's super cute

#5 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

Oh...and idea to make it a bit easier would be have the necklace big enough that you could slip it on & off Sienna's neck without having to do, and undo the clasp.

#6 jennaLynn544

jennaLynn544
            • 81 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

Great point! That would make the whole thing go MUCH more smoothly :)
              I absolutely LOVE my life & ADORE my little family :)

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

Or if you wanted, you could tie them to a bouquet & have her carry them...or have her carry a shell with them tied there somehow...but I'm not sure if she is old enough to do this - I haven't been around an 18mth old in a while!! lol

#8 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
                • 1,114 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

I think that is a great idea! We too, are having an unconventional ceremony, our 6yrs old and down nieces and nephews are our bridal party!
                  Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                  July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                  Non-Pro Pics:
                  http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                  Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#9 autjo

autjo
                  • 2,182 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

I think that is a super idea! I like that incorporates your baby and sister :) Definitely go with something that slips over her head and has an easy clasp to undo.

#10 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
                    • 279 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

LOVE the idea!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users