Newbie intro & budget question...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

I think 20-25k is reasonable, I think it will really depend on what "extras" you choose to do. I spent around 12-15k on our Cabo wedding, I only had 6 guests and that included everything (trip, dress, photographer, etc)

#12 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#13 cruisebride0410

• 178 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:19 PM

Congrats and welcome! I think if you pay close attention to your budget you will be able to keep it in that range. Just figure out what is important and spend your money on that. Happy Planning!

#14 kellynadam2010

• 187 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

Congrats & welcome! Happy planning!

#15 Love3

• 785 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

congrats... I think that is more then enough!!!

#16 *~*Mel*~*

• 647 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

Congrats and welcome! I definitely think that you can work with that budget. It all depends on your choices, this forum with help you find lots of info!

#17 Weddingin2010

• 155 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

Sure, I definitely think your budget is doable. Especially if you incorporate some DIY projects and don't go overboard on things like OOT bags. Like the other girls mentioned, do a forum search and there is a great thread where everyone shared their budgets and guest counts.

Happy planning!

#18 Jenna20

• 314 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:36 AM

Congrats and Welcome! Thats a good budget to work with. It all depends where you want to splurge and where you know you are ok with saving. Things like a dress alone could easily dip well into the budget. Another thing is the cost of the reception, being that you will be having around 80 people, most wedding packages will cover anywhere from 10-25 people (maybe more, I havent seen), anything above this number is an additional cost per guest. The extra cost can be for the dinner, cocktail hour etc so that could range on avg 100pp dep whats included. These additional fees can add up. Photography is another item to be considered as well as a dj.

Once you narrow down a resort you will have a better idea what is included in a general package and how you will need to customize it for your wedding.

Happy Planning! :)

#19 soon2BMrs.Prince

• 212 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:43 AM

congrats and welcome to the forum!

#20 BlakleyBrideToBe

• 2,115 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

Congrats and Welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users